Sincerely, Talia

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

Talia

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

„You didn't say goodbye and a part of me still believes you come back"

The raindrops were sliding down the car window as I looked outside to see a sign saying "Woodsboro".  The town that was known for its murders.

For me though, it was more than that, it was the place I grew up,

where I had my family and friends, but now that is all gone.

It's been a week since I got the call. A call I wish I never received.

My Dad, my best friend Wes and his mother all got killed by some psycho.

Since then I'm not the same, nothing feels real and I still can't believe it, that they're gone and never coming back.

The town has always been haunted by the Ghostface killers, in 2011, when I was 7 there was Charlie Walker and  Jill Roberts, the cousin of Sydney Prescott . I knew Jill pretty well, she always used to babysit me, she was nice and caring until she became a psycho and killed innocent people. Luckily I didn't get hurt or even involved, but I was always scared about my dad.

So when the killers were dead, my mom decided it would be better to move away from that town, so we went to Washington DC.

We drove through the town, all these familiar places and all those memories. Good old memories like me and Wes playing outside until it got dark. Or how we would hang out everyday and spend all of our time together, that isn't possible anymore.

Of Course there were also bad memories like about the killers, but I like to forget about them and only remember the good ones.

"Is your speech done, sweetie?" My mother asked as she was focused on the street. We didn't talk much the past few days, we were both grieving. But I promised to write one.

„Yeah." I mumbled as I still looked out of the windows.

Even though I always write, it was really hard for me to find the right words to talk about the most important people in my life. It took me the whole flight from Washington DC to Woodsboro to get something decent. And I still think it's not good enough.

Our car stopped, we were there. "Graveyard of Woodsboro".

My mom opened the door and got outside the car but I stayed in for a few more seconds. I wasn't ready to face the reality, to say goodbye to them.

I opened the door and stepped outside the car, it was still raining so I opened my umbrella.

My mom and I started to walk into the graveyard, a few people were already there waiting, old friends, family and co-workers.

As I looked around I saw Sidney Prescott, the famous woman that survived ghostface for the fifth time. I've knew her since I was a baby, she and my dad knew each other for ages and were really good friends.Sidney's best friend was my aunt Tatum Riley, who I sadly never got to meet because she died in the first massacre in 1996, but my dad decided to name me after her as a tribute: Talia Tatum Riley. For me Sidney was like family, so I was really happy to see her.

I was not so happy when I saw Gale Weathers, also known as my step mother. After my parents got a divorce, dad married her two years later. I never really liked her, and I still don't.

"Oh, look over there," My mother pointed over to both women.  Mom was really good friends with the two of them. "Why don't you go and say Hello, I have to talk to the funeral director."