Family Line

Chapter two

Ethan

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

"You're on your own, kid.
You always have been."

I can't remember the last time I cried. It must've been months. But I remember the time I cried the most. It was four years ago when my mother died. She was the only one who was there for me, the only one who saw me. My dad and my siblings always forgot about me, I was never the favorite of my dad and never will be. It was always my brother who was the best. But not anymore.

I looked in the mirror when I asked myself why I wasn't crying right now. My Brother died and I didn't feel anything. Was I emotionless? coldhearted? What's wrong with me?

Maybe he deserved it.

No, I can't think that. He was my brother. A fucking psychopath who killed innocent people. And my dad was still proud of him.

"Ethan, hurry up!" My dad shouted from the next room. "Just a minute." I shouted back.

He died on September 29th, even my birthday got forgotten, stolen from my brother. Of Course I was shocked about his death but when I found out why he died, I was disgusted by him, disgusted to be related to him.

I opened the bathroom door and walked outside. My sister was already waiting. She was wearing a black dress and some jewelry that she got from mom.

For her it was harder to lose our brother. She always had a good relationship with him, they were like a team, and I was just left out. 

"Finally, now come on." my dad said as he saw me. He was always emotionless, even when mum died but I knew this hurt him more than anything, he just didn't show it. Richie was always his favorite, his first born son, the one he was so proud of. Now he was gone.

We arrived at the graveyard in woodsboro. The town that is hunted by its murders. My brother was always fascinated with woodsboro and the ghostface-killers. He even had a favorite killer,  Stu macher, how fucked up is that?

He eventually started to film his own horror movies with his friends in our basement.

We were walking through the graveyard when I saw many other people attending a funeral. It was Dewey Riley's funeral, one of the victims that got killed by my brother. I felt so bad for his family and friends, he had to die just because of my psychotic brother.

A girl was holding a speech, I assumed it could be Dewey's daughter. She wore a black dress, her brown hair was tied back with a black ribbon. The mascara was running down her face including some tears. Even from this distance I could see the pain in her eyes. 

I kept walking, why did my brother do all this? Why did he have to end and ruin lives?

We were at his grave, his coffin already under the ground. Nobody wanted to plan a funeral for a serial killer.

My sister held a bouquet of flowers and my dad tried to lighten up some candles but the rain didn't let him. He took out a little paper from his pocket where he had written down a little speech for Richie.

"Richie, our beloved son and brother. You were always a bright, happy and creative person. You had so many plans and ideas that you'll never be able to achieve. You were only so young, so much ahead of you that got taken away from you too soon. We'll always keep you in our hearts and we'll miss you forever. But one thing I want to promise you, we'll get justice for you, because you deserve it."

I knew it was Samantha Carpenter, who he blamed for Richie's death, which was the truth but she only did it because she had no other choice, she had to defend herself from him.

As dad's speech was over, the bouquet of flowers got laid down by Quinn.

Dad kneeled down, he was crying. That was an unusual thing, I've only seen him cry once or twice in my life.

When I turned around, there was this girl again. She was holding an umbrella and she walked in the direction of the exit. She looked over to us but I turned away as fast as I could.

I didn't want to be seen here, especially not by  the possible daughter of one of my brother's victims.

We stayed at the grave for a little longer, even though I just wanted to get away from there and leave this in the past.

After a while dad eventually stood up. "I think we'll better go now." he announced as he wiped away the last tear that was running down his face.

We walked through the graveyard until we reached the exit and went back in our car.

Throughout the drive back to the hotel, everyone kept quiet, not saying a single word. I could understand how sad dad was, it was still his son who died but there was no reason to understand what he did.

Honestly, I just wish I wasn't related to Richie or this family at all.

————————————————————
Hope you guys liked this chapter! Even though it was a shorter one.
Please don't forget to vote / comment on this story <3