Hard yet Soft

Chapter 7

Reeds point of view
2 days have past since that day. I was so scared. I saw myself in Fayne. He was replica of me. It was like looking in the mirror. Everytime I see myself I can't help but feel sick and haunted. I have panic attacks. Its also a reason why mirrors are banned from this pack.

I often look through my window to see my packs happiness, the light blinding me. It scares me the sight. I feel as if I'm dying. I can barely feel my wolfs presence within me. I think this is how it feels to die when you're living. To be dead is even better than to go through this painful mess. But yet I'm still holding onto hope. Hope to hope she's come back here. I would look for her myself but my condition is to weak. Even if I did manage to find her she's probably wouldn't come with me.

That girl who draws me in, Her name is Stella, a warrior of this pack. I hear she's used to be a normal girl but now she's wild. She doesn't party or do anything of that sort but she has a foul sarcastic mouth. She doesn't curse though. They said it was a unexpected change, but I know it isnt. this was caused by anger.

She puts on a cold stern face, but under that mask she's hurting. I know because that kind of pain does not go unseen by those who have been there. She knows how it feels to die.

The door of my room creaked open and I snapped my head back to see the intruder.

"Mom?" I asked

"Reed."

"Why are you here?" I asked

She walked up to me and crouched down and held my hands in hers.

"Have you thought about it?" She asked

"SHUT UP!" I screamed "I'd never do that to Fayne!" She looked taken aback and then reciprocated herself.

"You're going to die soon. Everyone knows it. Even your dad. She is t coming back."

"You don't know that." I started to weep.

"Yes I do. Just mate Marrissa. Shell be a good Luna."

"I will not do that."

"You will." she simply stated. I was silent looking at her giving her a deadly glare. She finally got up and left. Before she left she said " you only have a few days.......... make your decision fast but choose wisely." she closed the door and I could do was cry silently.

This story was a tradition when an Alpha lost their mate. Without a Luna, death was assigned. The only way to avoid such misfortune was to play with fate. Mate to your Betas mate. Your Beta would die unless he found someone else to love him. The betas mate would love you as if you were her mate. There had only been 3 accounts of this happening. Only one succeeded. it was the first. The alpha learned to love the betas mate and she to him but the beta died. the second one failed because the betas mated mate was not his true mate this death occurred to the alpha and betas mate. the third one failed because the alpha could not love the betas mate which caused them both to die. This lrocees was called "die" because so many deaths have occured.

My mother and father begged me to take Marrissa as my Luna. I did not want her. She was unsuitable for me and I knew I could never love such a woman. Fayne resented me because of this also. He didn't show it but he knew this could be a possiblity. This story was a famous one. Everyone knew of what happen to my mate and I. they knew I would die soon if I did not take this chance. I could not accept this for Fayne, my mate, and myself. Even if I had taken Marrissa, no doubt about it I would've died because she was not Fayne's true mate. It was Stella.

Suddenly someone barged into my room. Startled I looked up and was met with a fist to my face that knocked me out..........................

Many hours later........