Father figure for his inner child 5

The doctor informed the Goenkas that there's no major injury. The impact was not severe enough to break any bones or cause internal bleeding. But the area around the impact is swollen and it may cause breathing trouble.

Doctor: We need to keep him under observation for 24 hours. One person can stay with the patient.

Manish: Thank you so much doctor. I'll stay with him.

Doctor: *in his mind* Let the boy regain consciousness, I'll talk with him about his family. I'll not let anyone suffer from abuse under my watch 😠😤.

Akilesh, Suwarna and Suhasini breathes a sigh of relief. Suhasini informs Sureka who stayed behind with the kids in the house. Suwarna keeps her hand on Manish's shoulder and offers her support.

Manish: Thanks Suwarna. For caring for him, even though Kartik had hurt you.

Suwarna: What're you thanking me for? Manishji, Karik is my son! I'll always be there for him and I've already forgot what happened. Everything will be alright.

Suhasini: Mark my words. One day Kittu will love and accept you both.

*Akilesh's POV*
Akilesh could not comprehend how delusional his own mother, brother and sister in law can be. He also knew that if Kartik saw Manish as the first thing after waking up all hell will break loose. Akilesh still has not recovered from Kartik's mental breakdown. Did he fail the boy so bad? When keerti was born, Akilesh was away doing his graduation. But when Kartik was born, Akilesh was a newly married man and he was granted very light work in the office. So he spent ample of time with the boy. He was there for his first word, his first step and even for his first day of school. He was there to witness how Kartik hid behind his mother's saree and downright refused school. He was also there to witness how once a lively and cheerful boy became a shell after his mother's death. But he was responsible for letting the boy down as much as his family. Akhilesh could never forgive himself for not standing hard enough for the boy he considered to be his first child. So he did the only thing he was doing all the years. He sighed. But the situation is highly sensitive, so it's now or never.

Akilesh: Bhaishab! You've not completed the pending work for the investors meet. You've postponed it for today's party but if you stay in the hospital tonight it will cause further delay.

Manish: No I won't leave my son. He's the most important thing for me.

Akilesh mentally rolls his eyes. But Suhasini and Suwarna trusted Akilesh's words and assumed the pending work to be of high importance and were able to persuade Manish.

Akilesh: Bhaishab! I'll inform you as soon as Kartik wakes up.

So Manish agrees to leave half heartedly.

Later Manish, Suwarna and Suhasini leaves the venue after the visitors time is over. Naksh and Naitik who were in reception area sees them.

Naksh: It looks like they are leaving the boy in the care of his uncle, Akilesh Goenka.

Naitik: Naksh, come let's talk with the doctor in charge of that boy. I want to make sure he's okay or else my guilt will eat me up.

Naksh: Okay Papa! You go first, I'll inform mumma and then I'll join you in the doctor's cabin.

Naksh has earlier texted Akshara about the issue and even Akshara started to worry for the boy's wellbeing. So he needs to assure his mumma too.

*At the doctors cabin*
Knock knock
Doctor: Yes, come in.

Naitik: Doctor, how is the boy, Kartik Goenka doing?

From the earlier commotion, the doctor was able to grasp that this man was some kind of rival to the Goenkas.

Doctor: He is now stable Mr.?

Naitik: I'm Naitik Singhania. (Just then Naksh joins his father). And this is my son, Naksh.

Doctor: So Mr. Singhania, you did a good job by bringing the boy to the hospital immediately. There are no life threatening injuries, but the abdomen has signs of swelling so we are going to monitor him for the next 24 hours to be safe.

Naitik: Thank God!! But Doctor, why was the boy even running away from the hospital in such a state?

Doctor: Even I've some questions Mr. Singhania. How are you related to the Goenkas?

Naksh: They are our rival company. But Kartik is been appointed as my father's personal intern.

Doctor: 😳 The boy applied for an intership with their rival company?!

Naitik: Yes Doctor. But the internship was an open competition, so Kartik got selected purely on merit basis. But Doctor, please tell me what was wrong with the boy? Why was he running away? When I lifted him earlier, he was severely underweight. As his future employer, I'm obliged to know his medical condition.

Doctor: Kartik Goenka does have a mild eating disorder. But that is not a huge risk and is treatable. He was admitted for fainting and a sensory overload episode caused him to run away.

Naitik: But Doctor, what caused him to faint?

Doctor: I'm sorry Mr. Singhania. I can't give away personal information. As his future employer, I believe what I informed you is sufficient. Eating disorder is not a medical emergency, but if your company has the habit of maintaining the medical record of your employees.

Naksh: *intrrupts the doctor* Yes Doctor we do.

Doctor: Then very well Mr. Singhania! You may tag the boy under mild chances of sensory overload and fainting.

Naitik: Is there anything we can do if he has an episode?

Doctor: Mostly teenagers are quite capable of calming themselves down. So don't worry, Mr. Singhania.

Naitik: Okay Doctor. Thank you, we'll take our leave.

*A few minutes later*
Nurse: Doctor the patient is awake.

*At Kartik's hospital room*
Akilesh was on a call with Manish to convey the information. Kartik was sitting grumpily and the Doctor was checking his vitals.

Doctor: Mr. Goenka, buy these pain killers and you need to finish some hospital formalities. The duty nurse will guide you.

Nurse: This way Mr. Goenka.

Akilesh: I'll be back soon Kartik.

But the doctor has previously informed the nurse to delay the task for Kartik Goenka's attender. After Akilesh left the room, the doctor took a deep breath. With all the kindness he could muster in his eyes, he placed his warm hands on Kartik's shoulder.

Doctor: Son please look at me. Don't think of me just as a Doctor. Because now at this moment, I'm your listener. You can tell me anything, you've not been able to share with anyone. I'm with you. I'll help you with anything and I'll protect you. Your family can be powerful for the world, but our social workers can make them pay if they had ever hurt you.

Kartik was taken aback. No one after his mother's death has even gave him an ounce of support. Kartik saw a pair of warm and kind eyes encouraging him to talk. He realised a warmth spreading in his lower belly. He is not alone. Tears pooled in the corner of his eyes. He finally has got someone to have his back. And so Kartik finally shared his sorrow.

Dear reader, if you got anything to say drop your thoughts in the chat box 💟.
Have a great weekend, I'll visit my dear readers next week. Thank you so much for your votes and comments.