Chapter 1 - SLAP

Mouth can lie , "Eyes cannot"

People will forget "karma will not "

!!AUTHOR POV!!

In a grand mansion, three individuals sat at the dining table, their meal accompanied only by the sounds of eating.

Suddenly, a melodious voice reverberated through the mansion, breaking the silence.

"Can I go home for a few days?" questioned the enchanting 24-year-old woman, elegantly draped in a mesmerizing blue saree, her neck adorned with a delicate nuptial chain.

The response that followed was not one of warmth but rather sternness, as her mother-in-law, Jaanki Chawla, replied with a hint of disapproval,
"Didn't you go just a month ago?"

Devika, the protagonist, felt a pang of hurt in her heart. Undeterred, she spoke up, "Didn't Kavita di visit thrice a month?"

The words seemed to stoke the embers of Jaanki Chawla's temper, and her response was swift and incensed.

"Dare you speak another word," she warned, her eyes ablaze with indignation.

In the backdrop of this familial tension, Jai Chawla, Devika's husband, maintained an outward appearance of stoic neutrality.

Internally, however, a dance of satisfaction played out in his emotions, hidden behind a carefully crafted façade.

Unable to restrain herself, Devika rose abruptly from her chair, her hand slamming against the table. "Enough, aap..."

Her sentence was abruptly cut short by a tight slap from her husband.

His face remained devoid of expression as he met her gaze.

Devika, wordless, made her way upstairs, heading to her room.

Once there, she entered the bathroom, closed the door with a thud, turned on the shower, and allowed the water to mix with the tears streaming down her face.

As she stood in the shower, memories of her past flooded her thoughts.

"If I say Mujhse nahi hoga, then don't force, na mom? You know I didn't hear you," she had said to her mother.

Her mother's anger rose, but a manly voice interrupted.

"Don't raise your voice at her. You know who she is. She is the daughter of Vyas, and if she said she didn't do it, means she didn't."

Tears flowed freely down Devika's face as these memories played out in her mind.

As Devika vanished from sight, Jaanki Chawla turned her attention to her son. "You are right; she is not good for you."

Despite the apparent satisfaction of his mother's agreement, Jai maintained a façade of melancholy.

"I already told you everything, Mom," he replied with a hint of resignation.

"Okay, I allow for your divorce," Jaanki Chawla declared. A wide, triumphant smile spread across Jai's face, revealing the depth of his satisfaction.

"Come, Mom, I can drop you at your room," he offered, escorting her to her destination.

However, he couldn't resist his happiness. He immediately retrieved his phone, dialed a number, and shared the news.

"Hey love, the plan is successful," he said, his voice brimming with joy.

"Sachiiii," exclaimed the girl on the other end, named Savi.

"Now we can peacefully live our life," Jai assured her.

"Yay," Savi responded, and after a while of lovey-dovey talk, they ended their call.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My latest chapter is a concise 56.0 words. I'm shifting gears for the next one, aiming for a minimum of 1000 words. Your continued support means a lot!
Thank you for taking the time to read my story. If you enjoyed it, please vote...
Author:)