Chapter 35

After a month

More witches flocked to the Mikaelson house.

Andrea Kyton, leader of the Elfgren clan. Raphael has known this girl since she was a baby, because she was very close to her mother, who is now dead. Raphael always visited Andreah when she was little. He watched the girl's growth, brought her various gifts.

Andreah Kyton was a long-haired blonde with eyes as blue as the clear sky. Small build and dwarf. However, her always penetrating and perhaps even a bit cheeky look said that the girl is completely fearless and intends to properly light Tatia on the fire.

The head witch of the Buke clan was named Cecilia De Trojes. This clan is descended from Joan of Arc. Rapaele knew Jeanne's son Louis d'Arc directly. The guy is Cecilia's twin brother. They were twins, but from different men. Because those two different men raped the mother of the two at that time.

Raphael met Cecilia and Louis while visiting France with me. Yes, I also know these two twins from Joan of Arc. I saw with my own eyes how Jeanne was burned at the stake, and those two twins were forced to witness the death of their mother. A little later, when Raphael said that she wanted to get to know as many witches as possible, I suggested that she start with the Buke witch clan in France.

Raphael could not remain indifferent to the twins because of her good heart and offered her friendship. My best friend talked one of the richest landlords into giving Cecilia and Luis a home. Later, Raphael helped the twins find the witches of their clan, and they stayed with their relatives from the day the clan was found.

All the other witch clans were here as well: the Bloomsbors, Adarlans, Flamels, Hexhels, Clodils, Blairs, and Mikels.

"Is everything alright?" I asked Klaus as I saw him slowly walking down the corridor towards his room where Hope was currently sleeping peacefully. My lover quietly opened the door of the room and, peering at my daughter through a small crack, turned to me.

"Apparently, it's calm," he answered in a whisper. I came a little closer to him and put my palm on his chest. Klaus closed the door and turned to me, placing his hands on my hips. "And you? Looks like the flu has already left you alone?"

"Apparently," I slowly bowed and pressed my lips tightly together with a smile. I hid from him the fact that even though the cough doesn't bother me so often anymore, I've been coughing up blood every time for some time now. "I hope the disease will not return again."

"Slash over the shoulder," Klaus suggested.

"Since when are you so superstitious?"

"It's hard to stay skeptical when things like this happen," he shot back, the corners of his lips turning up a little.

"I go into the shower. I feel terribly dirty," I muttered and gently stroked Klaus's cheek with the pads of my fingers. Then I kissed him on the lips and backed away to walk to the bathroom. But suddenly Klaus caught up with me and grabbed my wrist and lifted me easily in his arms.

As we laughed, Klaus walked into the bathroom, turned on the light, and kicked the door shut. Then he put me on my feet.

"I want to remember the old days," he declared and began to undress.

"Ahh, is that really a good idea?" I asked biting my lower lip. "The house is full of people."

"Katherine, we used to do this even in the days when there were significantly more people in the house than now," Klaus raised an eyebrow after pausing, but looked at me as if I had been hit with a wet sack.

I didn't answer him, I just stared at the floor. I didn't know how to tell him what I was worried about. I want him. I want him. But I didn't know how to tell him that I felt old.