Chapter 2: Annabeth's Dealings

Betrayal's whisper,

Camp echoes with shadows dark,

Percy's trial starts.

Percy's POV

The morning sun dappled the camp with golden light, casting long shadows that seemed to dance along the worn paths of Camp Half-Blood. The scent of ambrosia lingered in the air, a reminder of the divine battles that had been waged, and the anticipation of what lay ahead.As I strolled through the camp, the whispers of demigods reached my ears. Prophecies, quests, and the unknown future were the topics du jour. The Oracle's silence had become a canvas upon which every camper painted their speculations and fears.

Annabeth met me near the archery range, her expression a blend of determination and something more elusive. She was never one to let uncertainty linger without seeking answers.

"Hey, Seaweed Brain," she greeted me with a half-smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.

"What's going on in that Athena brain of yours?" I replied, returning the smile as best I could.

"I've been doing some research, Percy. There are rumors of a prophecy, something that goes beyond the war we just fought. The Oracle might not be speaking, but the threads of fate are still weaving," she explained, her gaze fixed on the horizon.

My brow furrowed. The idea of a new prophecy didn't sit well with me. The wounds of the previous war were still fresh, and the thought of diving into another quest brought both a sense of duty and a shiver of apprehension.

"Any specifics on this prophecy?" I asked, my curiosity tinged with caution.

Annabeth sighed, her gaze meeting mine. "Nothing concrete. Just whispers and fragments. But Percy, I can't shake the feeling that something big is coming, something we might not be prepared for."

The weight of her words hung in the air, a shared realization that our respite might be short-lived. We walked in companionable silence, the familiar trails of the camp leading us to the heart of Half-Blood Hill.

Chiron awaited us near the Big House, his eyes carrying the wisdom of ages. As the camp director, he had weathered countless storms, and the weariness in his gaze mirrored our own.

"Children of the gods," Chiron began, addressing us with a tone that bridged both mentorship and camaraderie. "The Oracle's silence has cast a veil over our path, but we must be vigilant. Prophecies have a way of unfolding, and the threads of fate rarely unravel without purpose."

Annabeth and I exchanged glances, the unspoken understanding passing between us. The quest for answers had begun, not on a distant battlefield, but within the walls of our own sanctuary.Days turned into nights, and the camp brimmed with activity. Demigods trained with newfound vigor, their laughter mingling with the distant echoes of cicadas. As rumors swirled, I found myself drawn to the Oracle's dwelling, its mysterious aura calling to the part of me that sought clarity in the midst of uncertainty.

One evening, as the sun dipped below the horizon, I stood before the cavernous entrance of the Oracle's abode. Annabeth joined me, her presence both reassuring and grounding.

"The Oracle might not be speaking, but maybe there are clues," she suggested, her fingers brushing against mine as we entered the dimly lit chamber.

The air inside hummed with ancient energy, and the golden mist that usually heralded the Oracle's visions shimmered faintly. I approached the pedestal, my eyes scanning the prophecies inscribed on weathered scrolls.

"Seek within the shadows for the threads untold, where betrayal weaves a tale yet unfold," I read aloud, the words echoing through the chamber.

Annabeth's eyes widened. "Betrayal? Percy, what if... what if the silence of the Oracle is connected to this? What if someone within camp is involved?"

The gravity of her words settled over us like a heavy cloak. The once-familiar sanctuary now felt like a labyrinth of mysteries, and as the threads of fate began to unravel, I couldn't shake the feeling that our journey had only just begun.

(A/N) As much as it pains me not to write Annabitch everytime, I hope you like it that much.