Memory Lane

Sasha's eyes fluttered open. She yawned as she got up and stretched. She suddenly felt a sense of panic as she lost her balance and landed on the floor with a thud.

She heard footsteps and saw the bare, hairy legs of someone and a deep chuckle.

She looked up and saw Mason standing over her, holding a towel to his waist and a toothbrush in his hand.

"I told you sleeping on the couch was a bad idea." He spoke in amusement.

Sasha rolled her eyes as she picked herself up.

She froze when her eyes landed on Mason's bare upper body. Her eyes drifted to his toned abs.

She looked back up to see Mason smirking at her.

Sasha immediately tore her eyes away and cleared her throat.

She rubbed her arm which she had landed on and tried to remember what had happened the night before.

Mason being a wolf, her finding him butt naked in the woods, driving him home because he still seemed too sore and shaken up to do anything.

"Yeah well I wasn't about to share a bed with you." She spoke.

Mason seemed amused. "It's not like you haven't before." He muttered before he turned around.

"What was that?"

"Nothing." He spoke before turning to look at her playfully.

Sasha narrowed her eyes in his direction.

She checked the digital clock on Mason's bedside table.

"It's 9.am?" She gasped.

She started searching for her phone and found it on the couch.

She had more than a dozen missed calls all together. Three from Elena, two from Damon, three from Stefan and eight from Bonnie. There were also messages from Matt, Bonnie and Caroline.

Sasha let out a huff as she started pacing.

She caught a glimpse of herself in Mason's vanity. Her hair was sticking out and she was still wearing the body suit and short shorts she had on at the party.

She looked a mess.

Mason came back out of the bathroom still in his towel as Sasha started looking for her sandals.

"I can't believe you let me sleep in." She spoke.

Mason leaned against the doorframe and folded his arms across his chest.

"You didn't have to stay over in the first place."

Sasha looked up at him.

"No I didn't but I wanted to make sure you were okay." She spoke angry that he hadn't seemed to appreciate that she cared.

Why did she even still care?

Mason's face softened. He walked over to the couch and crouched down to pick up Sasha's shoes.

He dangled them in front of her.

Sasha grabbed them before sitting down and putting them on.

"Thanks." He spoke quietly.

Sasha slowed. She looked up at him.

"How long have you known?" She asked.

Mason sighed. "Almost seven months now. I found out on my trip to Florida the summer before college."

The summer he had left and never spoken to her again.

"Is Tyler -"

"Going to turn into a huge wolf?" Mason chuckled. "No. That's not how it works."