Chapter 3: One which does not exist.

Death leaned against the decayed side of Yggdrasil, the bark crackling against her back. She was still trying to figure out just what had happened earlier.

" Erebus..." She murmured. She had blurted the name out due to the aura around that man, she didn't expect it would be him.

" What now, Master?", asked the scythe. "Do we kill him?"

" He's an entity," Death said, " how do you plan to kill Void?"

" He's in physical form now isn't he?" The scythe asked confused.

" Exactly, that's why we shouldn't touch him." She answered.

It was an ability few entities possessed, but a troublesome one nonetheless. Each entity had a physical form, but a select few occupied space.

Darkness, Nothing, and Void were the only entities that made space, should their physical forms be destroyed, they would revert to being concepts, with greater strength and base abilities. It could be said that they were less threatening in physical form.

" So, we just wait to die?" The scythe said.

"Not exactly." Death thought deeply.

Among them all, there was one entity that could invade the space of others. It was the same entity that caused Nothing to not exist anymore. Life was the only entity with the power to create.

" Only Life can end Void for good." Death said.

The scythe was confused now. The man had the aura of Life, which meant that Life was dead, and Void was the cause.

" Isn't he dead?" It asked

" That's why we need some help." She turned her body into a mass of liquid. Protruding from her body was the goddess Aphrodite, still trapped in bars of darkness.

" Why would I help kill the hero?" Aphrodite asked, having heard the conversation.

" That man is not a hero." Death said, morphing her body back into a solid state.

"Then why would I work with you, who is destroying everything?"Aphrodite asked again.

It was a fair question, but not to Death. For her, it was natural to end things, for trillions of years she couldn't fulfill her purpose, and now the omniverse was grander than ever before.

" Because he will do far worse than what we are capable of." The scythe answered for her.

" Erebus? But an evil being cannot be summoned by divinity, so he can't be bad." Aphrodite reasoned.

A precaution was set in the god's realm long ago. Whoever has evil intentions wasn't able to step foot in the realm.

Death sighed, it would take forever to explain the natural order to her.

" Void isn't evil." She said exasperated.

Death gave up on trying to convince the goddess, she would force her now. With a scythe in hand, her plan to kill the heroes vanished, she would now use them to trap Erebus and perhaps use the aura of life inside him against him. Preferably before the dormant entity inside the man awoke.

" Will it work, Master?" The scythe asked.

" I hope so." Death said.

She trapped Aphrodite again and began planning on how to end the man Erebus and his currently dormant personality, the entity Void.

...

"What the hell!?" I screamed in what appeared to be space.

Just earlier today I was enjoying my meal when some squirrel led me to that god Aphrodite. I didn't even get to ask what the hell was going on before a damn streak of light teleported me here.