{ chapter 32 }

( Derek walks upstairs to go to Chanel ) derek : hey cherish you'll give me and my wife a minute please ? Cherish : sure thing , I'll be right down stairs ( she says to Chanel and walks out ) derek : how you feeling ? Chanel : not okay , I'm not sure what to tell my parents . Derek : you don't have to tell them this Chanel Chanel : if I don't it'll be a weight on me , I feel like I have to then they don't even know about lala or dasia this is just so much ! Derek : just give it time . Chanel : how can I do that when we're supposed to see them for thanksgiving ? You know they are going to ask how everything has been . Derek : just tell them everything has been fine Chanel . Chanel : so basically lie ? I can't do that derek : alright look , if you feel like it's the right thing to do then do it . Chanel : I do . Derek : Ight then do it , but wait until thanksgiving. Still have to go to court and handle this with this Dylan dude and lala still has to progress more dasia still has to come down like just wait okay ? Chanel : you're right. I'll wait til then . Derek : okay good ( Courtney calls ) derek : hold on baby this is Courtney I got to take this Chanel : everything alright ? Derek : yeah everything is fine baby one second , hey what's up Courtney : leaving the building now I need the address to the house derek : okay I'm sending it now . ( derek sends the address to Courtney ) did you get it ? Courtney : yes I have it , talk to you when I have information . Derek : Ight bet and Courtney? . Courtney ; yes ? Derek : thanks again . Courtney : I'm just doing my job , I'll talk to you later . Derek : bet . Chanel : everything ok? Derek : yeah she just looking into your case some more for me .. you hungry yet ? Chanel : no , im actually about to take a nap . Derek : Ight im bout to head back up to my office then Chanel : okay baby derek : just call me when you wake up ? Chanel : okay ( they kiss and derek walks down the steps ) cherish : she doing okay ? Derek : yeah she about to get some rest and I'm bout to head back to the office so I'll be back in about 2 hours cherish : alright , me and Brandon were going to the hospital to check on Jordan and lala derek : bet just keep me updated on what they saying about lala and not Chanel , I kind of want to keep her stress down cherish : of course . I got you derek : thank you ! I'll talk to y'all later cherish : alright . ( Courtney pulls into the house and just checking everything out , then she walks over to the house next to it and rings the door bell , a handsome tall lightskin dude answers ) Justin : can I help you? Courtney : hi I'm Courtney Wallace an attorney assistant ( she shows her badge ) I see you have cameras installed and pointing at every direction justin : yes ? Courtney : I see that camera pointing a little bit at this house , an accident happened here this afternoon I need to see the footage ? Justin : hmm I don't think I can do that  Courtney : and why not ? Justin : i don't want to be involved in anybody's case ( he almost shuts the door but Courtney pushes the door back a little ) Courtney : trust me sir you won't be involved . Justin : it might say " footage from neighbors house on that paper and I sure as hell don't want to be on it" Courtney : all these houses out here I'm sure nobody will know which one we're talking about . Justin : yeah how you know ? Courtney : I'm sure of it ... can I see the footage ? Justin : ugh .. Courtney : please ? Justin : make a deal with me first . Courtney : okay ? What's the deal ? Justin : let me take you out to dinner ? Courtney : how did it go from not wanting to be on papers to wanting to take me out ? Justin : haha I don't know honestly. Courtney : would if I turn it down ? Justin : ... you'll turn me down ? ( Justin looking all conceited making a sexy face expression ) Courtney : see that's that light skinned stuff ew , Justin : haha damn my bad Courtney : yeah don't do that ever again .. but I'll go with you .. now can I see the footage ? Justin : haha got you and yeah come right on in ( justin holds the door for her and she steps in ) Courtney : you have a lovely home , is it just you? ( a big huskie and a German Shepard come flying from around the corner and goes to Courtney trying to jump on her ) Courtney : oh shit justin : hey ! Blaze and winter get back ! Go back in that room! ( the dogs rush back to the back and Justin shuts the door  ) Justin : just me and them , sorry about that . Courtney : it's fine ( she wipes her dress down ) anyways ...the footage ? Justin : yeah right this way . ( he goes to this camera set up station and Courtney follows and he pulls it up ) Justin : what time did this accident happen ? Courtney : about 1:00 or 2 maybe ? ( Justin is rewinding back and Courtney notices them ) Courtney : okay stop there they are . Justin : dont really looks like anything is happening ( they see Chanel trying to lock up and then Dylan grabs Chanel's arm really hard like he was about to choke her up or smack her ) Justin : oh shit . ( they see Chanel pulls out her gun and points it at him until he gets in his car with his hands up and speeds off ) Courtney : I didn't see no business card in his hand , did you ? ( Justin rewinds it again ) Justin : I seen a card fall out his pocket but he didn't even pick it back up Courtney : he claims he was trying to hand her her business card back justin : bull shit , all he could've did was told her he giving it back he didn't have to grab her arm like that Courtney : right !? Justin : seem like a lawyer has himself a easy case and apparently his assistant to ( he looks at Courtney and smiles ) Courtney : damn right . So can you send this to me through email? Justin : sure thing what's your email ? ( Courtney gives it to him) courtney : hey actually can I use that computer to log in real quick to make sure I got it and send it to my boss ? Justin : yeah go ahead . ( she gets on his computer and logs in to her email and sees she got the footage and then emails it to derek and then logs back off when it sends ) Courtney : thank you so much ! I have to head back to the office Justin : no problem , so what time you free ? I really want to see you tonight . Courtney : I'm off at 5 but I usually leave my office around 6 Justin : can I see you at 8:00 tonight then ? Courtney : 8:00 sounds good . Justin : coo , let me walk you out .. Courtney : okay . ( derek is at the office and sees a email come in from Courtney and he opens it and reviews it ) derek : yes ! ( he calls courtney ) courtney : hey I'm heading back to the office now , did you receive the footage ? Derek : I got it , looks like we got an easy case ! Courtney : right ! That's what Justin said ! Derek : who's Justin ? Courtney : the neighbor I got the footage from and is now my date for tonight ! Derek : date ? courtney : yeah he asked me out to dinner tonight Derek : do I have to look in on this man for you? Courtney : nope I'm already on it mr. Jack guys up  Derek : haha you still on that ? I just want to make sure the people who mean something to me are safe ! Courtney : oh so I mean something to you? Derek : friend wise only courtney ! Just as friends and you're a damn good assistant I need you safe by all means so you can come to work and do what needs to be done . Courtney : understood , well I'm heading there now I need to listen to some music on the way and you're kind of interrupting . Derek : me interrupting? Courtney : haha yes ! Talk to you when I'm there byee Derek : haha bye woman.