Year 1 - Chapter 10

Jean

Jean

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko nung makita si Andeng sa labas ng cubicle. I immediately looked at Bada and she looked as stunned as I was.

"Andeng! Kanina ka pa dyan?" Tanong ni Bada.

"Malamang." Nakapamewang na sagot ni Andeng. "Alangan naman sa toilet bowl ako lumabas. Rinig na rinig ko kayo no!"

Bada held my hand, her grip firm and comforting. "So, the secret's out then."

Andeng was quiet. I held my breath, waiting for her to speak.

Suddenly she smiled. "My two besties! I can't believe it took this long for you two to figure this out!" Andeng pulled us into a hug.

"You're okay with this?" I asked as I was being squeezed into a very tight bear hug.

"Okay? I've been silently rooting for you guys for months now!" Andeng smiled. "Sucks to be the third wheel but hey, that means you always have to pay for my food when we go out!"

I hugged her back. It feels so liberating to actually have someone acknowledge Bada and I as a couple.

We ran back to class. I was smiling ear to ear the whole time. I couldn't contain my happiness. I immediately looked for Bada when the final bell rang.

I found her at the lockers, fixing her bag. I stopped and watched as casually puts away her books. She looked so beautiful doing the most mundane task. As if pulled bu gravity, she turned her head and met my gaze.

Bada smiled, extending an arm out to me, asking me to come nearer. My heart skipped a beat. I can't believe I call this woman mine.

We walked home together. A habit we formed now as a couple. She always insists on bringing me home, regardless if we have to stay late in school or if she's tired from training.