The Museum ⚠︎✍︎

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
This Chapter will contain Minor Cursing and suggestions of sinful acts by the characters.

It's also slightly shorter than my usual chapters for this story!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Marinette wandered around the Louvre for a school project, there was currently an exhibition on fashion throughout history, and after her experience at the thrift store she searched every antique store and museum for any sign of her long lost love, the man she'd only met in distant memories, the one she was meant to be with, sometimes even questioning whether he would even exist in this lifetime, but deep in her heart, she knew he had to be somewhere.

"Look at that dress..." She heard people talking in a distant corner, walking over to view the dress that the girls were talking about, Marinette fought through a crowd to get to the front, standing next to a Japanese girl around the same age, both navy haired girls stared at the dress in a stunned state, they looked at each other, then at the dress that was displayed in front of them, it was a gown that had been meticulously preserved, and right next to it was a similar looking gown, one from Japan, the other from China. Though the one from China truly caught Marinette's eye, stepping up to the display she reached out to touch it, only to be met with a slight wistle, a security officer now keeping a close eye on her, the dress was very much not Chinese, more so French inspired from the time period.
Looking back over for the Japanese girl who had seemed to vanish into thin air, she then turned her gaze back to the dress, wondering why she felt such a connection, her eyes shifting around as she then thought about the painting that was displayed in her apartment one name came to mind, Adrien...

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
1627
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Princess Marinette stood in her chambers, staring at herself in an elegant gown that was meant to bring in a suitor, as the princess of a small kingdom within the chinese domain, she didn't have much power, but she was connected distantly to the highest royal family on the continent, but that didn't matter when all people seemed to want in this age was power, or explanding their kingdoms, which was going to be the most likely situation for Marinette, her kingdom would become another once she was married, her voice long forgotten in the shadow of whoever would become her husband. Thankfully she wasn't alone in the search for a future suitor, the main jewel of the evening was Princess Kagami, the daughter of the Emporor of Japan, the two princess's were quite close, therefore, the engagement balls were combined into one and set to be thrown in the Japanese Emporor's main Palace, where Marinette was staying.

Stepping outside her room she walked towards the main ballroom, though she fought with her uncomfortable dress quite a bit as to not trip over her own feet, stepping even closer to the ballroom her nose filled with the wonderful scent of baked goods, a cuisine she hadn't tasted, turning her body she headed towards the scent, losing all train of thought as she suddenly stumbled over the fabric of her dress, closing her eyes as she awaited the impact of the marble floors she felt warm arms instead. "Are you alright?" A gentle, yet charming voice asked Marinette's eyes slowly beginning to open, her sky blue eyes meeting with the most lovely Emerald green eyes she'd ever seen.
"I am just fine." Marinette responded, her voice shaking ever so slightly as she tried to overcome the shock of her fall, though it wasn't the fall she expected. Looking at the young man who stood straight in front of her she looked into his eyes still. They both seemed slightly entranced for a few moments before she heard fast footsteps heading their way.
"I should go, I have to finish the food for the party." The young man spoke, he was the most lovely thing she had ever seen, and she didn't know if she could ever find someone that would capture her attention the same way he did.