ii. awkward glances, dueling tables, and the boy who lived

❝I THOUGHT HE REALLY LIKED HER...❞

.・。.・゜✭・.

The sun rises over the Burrow just after seven and comes right in Ginny's window, and it's this combined with the smell of toast and bacon that wakes Ara and the other girls up with smiles on their faces.

Breakfast is always a happy affair at the Burrow, peppered with cheerful conversations about work, Quidditch, and "Oh, could you please pass the butter?" Mrs. Weasley's cooking is delightful as always, and Ara loves to sit next to Mr. Weasley and Bill, since their conversations almost always concern the inner workings at Gringotts and the Ministry and the goings-on of the Wizarding world, the type of news she never gets at home. Stephen and Calla won't let her get a Daily Prophet subscription for some reason.

After breakfast, Mr. Weasley and Bill are off to work and Ara happily joins in with the chores, glad of something helpful to do while spending time with her favorite people. She and Ginny feed the chickens, she helps Mrs. Weasley with the laundry, and sits in the kitchen feeding Jasper carrot tops while Fred and George peel potatoes for dinner. The whole house always smells of fresh bread and burning candles, and Ara loves it.

Mr. Weasley and Bill get home just after four-thirty, as the Quidditch game in the backyard is getting competitive (it's Charlie, Ara, and Fred against George, Ginny, and Ron; Hermione chose to sit against the house and read), and Mr. Weasley calls the boys inside; it's nearly time to pick up Harry.

Fred leaps off his broom and holds his hand out to Ara, playing the gentleman. "My lady," he says, winking, and Ara grins as she slides off her own broom.

"Why, thank you, kind sir." She spies a brightly colored wrapper poking out of his pocket. "You're not still thinking of using those on Harry's cousin, are you?"

"Of course not! What are we, monsters?" George lands beside them, grinning mischievously. "We won't use them on him, per se."

"No, we'll just drop them near him, entirely accidentally." Fred smirks slyly.

Ara rolls her eyes. "You two are going to be the death of me." But secretly she thinks Harry's cousin does deserve it, from the stories she's heard, and she's rather excited to hear about the results.

When the three of them return to the kitchen, Mr. Weasley and Ron are already waiting for the twins, emerald fire blazing in the fireplace. "All ready?" Mr. Weasley asks, rubbing his hands together excitedly. It's no secret that Mr. Weasley's fascinated by Muggles, and to go to their house! To their sitting room! Ara can only imagine how excited he is.

"Follow my lead, boys," he says, and then steps into the fireplace. "4 Privet Drive!" And then he's gone, vanishing into a green whirlwind.

Fred gives Ara's hand a gentle squeeze, and then steps into the fire himself, shouting Harry's address and spinning into thin air.