iii. early mornings, fred's jumper, and an old boot

❝LOOKS BETTER ON YOU...❞

.・。.・゜✭・.

Ara wakes before anyone else, and she lies there for a moment in the dark, staring up at Ginny's ceiling, listening to the quiet chirping of the birds outside the window and the soft breathing of Hermione and Ginny on either side of her.

After a few minutes, she realizes she won't be getting any more sleep tonight, so she might as well get up. As quietly as she can, she slides out from beneath the blankets and rummages around in her trunk for a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

Padding out of the room and closing the door behind her, Ara listens carefully and smiles when she hears the soft clanking of pots and pans: Mrs. Weasley's awake.

When she rounds the corner into the kitchen, Mrs. Weasley's stirring a large pot on the stove, the smell of porridge reaching Ara's empty stomach quickly, and Mr. Weasley is sitting at the kitchen table, dressed in Muggle clothes and yawning widely.

"Good morning," Mrs. Weasley says, turning to smile at Ara. "Did you sleep well?"

Ara nods, stifling the urge to yawn. She glances at her watch. It's just before five, which explains why it's still fully dark outside. "Is anyone else awake yet?"

"I don't think so," Mrs. Weasley replies, dusting her hands on her apron. "In fact, I was just about to go wake them. Would you go and get the boys for me?"

"Sure." Ara smiles and leads the way up the stairs, sneaking as quietly as she can past Percy's room and Fred and George's room, where Bill and Charlie are still sleeping, and pushing the door open to Ron's room.

All four boys are cocooned in their blankets, snoring softly, and Ara pauses only a moment before walking between the cots and shaking Harry awake. "Harry, it's time to get up," she whispers.

Harry blinks once, twice, raising his head slightly off the pillow, and then nods groggily.

Ron mutters something not so nice when Ara puts her hand on his shoulder, and when Ara reaches Fred and George's beds, they're both already awake. "'S time already?" Fred asks, hair tousled and eyes still clouded with sleep.

"Morning, A," says George with a tired grin, pushing himself up on one elbow.

Ara turns to leave and give the boys some privacy to change clothes, but then a hand locks around her wrist and yanks her onto the nearest cot.

"Fred Weasley!" Ara hisses, turning to look up at him. "What do you think you're doing?"

"At the moment, I'm cuddling you," says Fred with a sly grin, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her closer. It's abundantly clear that he's not wearing a shirt, and their faces are practically inches apart. In front of his brothers and Harry.