The First Lesson

"Okay, what do we do first?" Punky asks their mentor.

"First, you watch me bring chaos to other towns! Then, maybe, and I'm saying maybe, can you help me." Bill says.

"Awww! But I wanna help you now!" Punky whines.

"Ugh, you're as annoying as that human, Mable. A thorn in my side." Bill grumbles.

"I used to know a girl named Mable!" Punky exclaims. Then frowns. "I am not as annoying as her!"

"Yes. Yes, you are. You are so annoying, that you make me wanna rip out my own eye and regenerate it. Over and over again." Bill says, rolling his eye.

Punky looks down at their feet sadly. They lift their head back up. "I may be annoying, but I'm still amazing at creating chaos!"

Bill sighs. "Fine then. Show me what you got."

Punky closes their eyes and focuses all their energy into creating chaos. "Done!"

Bill looks left. He looks right. "Huh?" He scratches his head.

"Look behind you." Punky says.

Bill looks behind him. "Woah!" Behind him are 1,000,000 Punkys, all smiling creepily. "This is kinda freaky."

Punky makes them all disappear.

"Not bad." Bill turns back around, crossing his arms.

"Why, thank you, o great chaos Lord." Punky bows. "Woah!" They lose their balance and fall on their face. Their top hat falls off.

"Are you okay!?" Bill exclaims, concerned.

Punky sits upright and giggles. "You care about me."

Bill rolls his eye. "I most certainly do not care about you."

Punky gets in his face. "Yes, you dooooo."

Bill narrows his eye. "Get. Out. Of. My. Face."

Punky backs away, giggling. "If you don't care about me, why did you ask if I was okay?"

"I...I just wanted to make sure I still had someone to teach." Bill crosses his arms.

"Yeah, sure." Punky gets up and brushes their shorts off. They grab their top hat and put it on.

"Let's continue this lesson." Bill says. He makes a chalkboard appear out of thin air.

Punky sits on a tree trunk.

"First, to create chaos, we need to think of what we want to create." Bill draws on the chalkboard.

" Bill draws on the chalkboard

Punky claps.

"Why are you clapping?" Bill asks.

"Because." Punky says.

"Because...?" Bill says.

"Because." Punky repeats.

"Um...okay." Bill says. He turns back around and continues writing on the chalkboard. "A-anyways..."