Chapter 12

They put their suite and goggles away at the outside of Willy's office

"So much to do, so much to do, invoices and bills, letters..." Willy said "I must answer that note from the Queen"

"Mr. Wonka, what's gonna happen to the other kids?" Charlie asked "Augustus, Veruca?"

"And Violet and Mike?" Grace asked

"My dear children, I promise you they'll be quite all right. When they leave here, they'll be completely restored to their normal, terrible old selves" Willy said "but maybe they'll be a little bit wiser for the wear. Anyway, don't worry about them"

"Eh, what do we do now, Mr. Wonka?" Grandpa Joe asked

"Oh, yes, well, I hope you enjoyed yourselves. Excuse me for not showing you out. Straight up the stairs. You'll find the way. I'm terribly busy. Whole day wasted. Goodbye to you both. Goodbye" Willy said, he enters his office and closes the door

"What happened?" Charlie asked

"Did we do something wrong?" Grace asked

"I don't know, kids. But I'm gonna find out" Grandpa Joe said

They enter the office, they saw everything is cut in half and saw Willy at his desk, writing

"Mr. Wonka?" Grandpa Joe said

"I am extraordinarily busy, sir" Willy said

"I just wanted to ask about the chocolate" Grandpa Joe said "the- the lifetime supply of chocolate, for Charlie and Grace. When does they get it?"

"Charlie doesn't" Willy said

"Why not?" Grandpa Joe asked, confused

"Because he broke the rules" Willy said

"What rules?" Grandpa Joe asked "we didn't see any rules, did we, kids?"

"Well..." Grace was about to say

"Wrong, sir, wrong! Under Section Thirty-Seven B of the contract signed by him it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if, and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy" Willy explains when he took the small half contract "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained, et cetera, et cetera, fax mentis incendium gloria culpum, et cetera, et cetera, memo bis punitor delicatum! It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You stole Fizzy Lifting Drinks! You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get NOTHING! YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY, SIR!"

"You're a crook. You're a cheat and a swindler! That's what you are! How can you do a thing like this?! Build up a little boy's hopes and then smash all his dreams to pieces?!" Grandpa snapped "YOU'RE AN INHUMAN MONSTER!"

"I SAID GOOD DAY!" Willy shouted and made Grace cry a little bit

"Come on, kids, let's get out of here" Grandpa Joe said as he picks Grace up, places her against his shoulder and he, Grace and Charlie were leaving "I'll get even with him if it's the last thing I ever do. If Slugworth wants a Gobstopper, he'll get one"

But then Charlie stopped, turns to Willy and he slowly walked to his desk

"Mr. Wonka..." Charlie leaves the Gobstopper on Willy Wonka's desk

"So shines a good deed in a weary world" Willy said and he turns to him "Charlie?"

Charlie turns to Willy

"My boy... You won! You did it! You did it! I knew you would, I just knew you would" Willy said in excitement, he picked him up, spun him around and puts him down "oh, Charlie, forgive me for putting you through this. Please, forgive me"