QUANTUM LEAP

𝔅𝔢𝔶𝔬𝔫𝔠𝔢 "𝔊𝔦𝔰𝔢" 𝔎𝔫𝔬𝔴𝔩𝔢𝔰𝔐𝔞𝔫𝔥𝔞𝔱𝔱𝔞𝔫, 𝔑𝔜𝔐𝔞𝔶 7𝔱𝔥

𝔐𝔞𝔫𝔥𝔞𝔱𝔱𝔞𝔫, 𝔑𝔜
𝔐𝔞𝔶 7𝔱𝔥

"You are sick!" her hands covered her face as she flushed red with embarrassment. We were laid up watching the "home movie" we made on my phone soon after O awoke. I kept replaying the part where she'd pushed out my love, which resulted in a milky puddle that trickled down atop the satin sheets. I watched her, laughing.

"Come here, look! Pornstars don't have anything on you, baby."

Pulling one arm free from her face while using my own to pull her closer to me, I gave her a smooch on her cheek. An icy glare melted into a soft grin as she relaxed into me. I loved it here. I loved the space we were in right now.

"You know I love you, right? Look at me," grabbing her chin, I tilt her face upwards. She had this doe-eyed look on her face. I could plant a child in her right now if she asked me to.

"Right?" her thousand-yard stare finally zeroed in on me, and she nodded.

"Yeah," she looks down. She reached her hand out, index and pointer fingers playing with my lips. She had something on her mind.

"I love you too. More than you think sometimes."

"What does that mean? Talk to me, baby."

"It means," she sighs while pulling herself to sit upright. "That I know I love you, and you me, but you move weird baby." Not liking the break of skin-to-skin, I put my hand out to caress her back as she spoke. I knew where she was going with it, but I needed to hear where her head was from her mouth. I nodded.

"We disagree, you leave. You flash out on me and leave. It doesn't feel good. I need you to know that for this," she gestured to us, "to work, you and I must be on the same wave. When you're not happy with something I do, you have to tell me. Vice-versa. I love you, but we've been together too long for me to keep having these discussions with you."

I was not too fond of the way that sounded.

"You sound like you might leave me or sumn," chuckling, I looked up at her. She was dead-faced. Mine matched hers now.

"Is that all that you're hearing? I'm not playing with you, Giselle. I don't have to deal with this shit from you. We're both grown women now, not running around Houston as fuck-buddies. If you want this, you have to be better. We have to be better. I'm locked in with you, but don't force my hand." Fuck.

"I know Niks. You're the love of my life, okay? Don't doubt that. I have my moments, yeah, but you know me. You know where I come from, momma."

"That is not an excuse that I'm willing to give you. You can always learn differently. We're on the same team. I need you to begin acting like you know that. You're not showing me that you do. You don't get to walk away from me the minute you hear something you don't like. It's not fair. And you damn sure shouldn't be entertaining any other woman to the point that she feels comfortable enough to contact you like that. You would've tried to kill me if I ever pulled that on you."