Exposé

The students had been put to the test and were instructed to craft an exposé of some sort in pairs. They were told that this would be have to be done in their own time. Simone was quick to ask Michèle hearing this and with a little hesitation looking towards Dahlia she accepted. Dahlia didn't even turn around she just sat there and waited. She could hear the clutter of the students shuffling to get in their pairs. Annick and Pichon being Dahlia's only hope had seemed to pair up together. She had wished that the teacher had hand picked the pairs, saving her the embarrassment.

Through all the excited talk of what they could write about, Descamps watched the girl feeling the humiliation radiate from her. He pitted her. So much talk for a girl who always ends up last. He knew the boys were dying to be her partner but no one had the courage to ask her. Especially, not after the rumours from the brawl at the party, no one was going to take their chance. To go against a boy who had already lost something in a fight meant that they were more reckless and willing to go further. Although, it wasn't true he had lunged at a boy because of Jean-Pierre, who had aggravated him earlier. Still he watched the idle girl his eye tracing her frame. Her shoulders did not slump and her poise stayed perfect despite everything. He pitted her so much that he even considered asking the pathetic girl to be his partner for a second. "Guess no one wants you Beaufort, look even piggy has found a partner before you." Descamps said burying his own previous thoughts as he laughed at his own joke. The room looked at her and some of the boys started chuckling and sniggering at her. They were embarrassed for her.

Suddenly, Dahlia felt as if she was back where she was before all of this. A classroom full of students and yet she still was the unwanted one. Her heart thumped in her chest. She focused on not caring and controlling her expression by plastering a pleasant look on her face. Moving here she thought that she could finally be happy but she realised that it's just a state of mind. That whatever she did she would be isolated from the rest.

Simone and Michèle walk up to her clearly feeling guilty, "you alright, we can ask to be a three?" Michèle suggested but they all knew how the teacher wouldn't stand for it and would argue that there is enough for a pair each. "No that's alright it's really not a big deal." Dahlia forced a smile as her eyes looked frantically around a room for a victim to be her partner. She finally got up and walked up to the welfare child, who was also sat aimlessly looking around alone. "Dahlia Beaufort, partners?" She asked hoping that he would say yes, or at least be forced to. He shrugged, "Laubrac, sure." He said giving her a flat awkward smile. Dahlia was relived. "So I was thinking how much can you do?" She asked him trying to figure out the logistics of their project. Laubrac unfortunately said he could only do a part of the project since he had work. Dahlia nodded her head whilst conversing, she understood his predicament a little too well. "I'm glad you're contributing, that will be great thank you. I'll do the rest in no time don't worry." She said with a sweet smile, her words full of firm assurance as she took most of the responsibility for the project not wanting it to worry Laubrac. Many would be agitated by their partners lack of work in a project but Dahlia sympathised with Laubrac's hard life and feared herself if money didn't come quick into her family, soon she would find herself in a similar position.

Descamps couldn't help flicking his glance towards the pair across the room. Dahlia stood over the filthy orphan. At one point she chuckled. Descamps eyes narrowed at the pair, what could that homeless comedian be saying that could bring out such a smile or even a chuckle? Joseph quickly turned back to Dupin not trying to raise his suspicions further. Since the fight Joseph could feel Dupin's questions linger in every time he would glance at her in class.

Dupin was listing his ideas for their exposé which really showed the hollow density underneath his skull. "No we are not going to find Anna Karina's house in a week, that would take a month and we probably go to prison." He waved one of his odd ideas off. Dupin started again filling Joseph's silence, "She kinda looks like Dahlia, am I wrong she's like a mix Hepburn and Anna Karina." Dupin adds strangely which wasn't wrong she looked very similar to the two stars, maybe more so because she was brunette. "she's not that pretty." Joseph scoffed trying to humble her image as he watched the girl slip out the room rather slyly.