Chapter 9

Skylar

"Aye Ceez, let me catch up with you later. I'm gon finish telling you about it when I get to the dorms." I rushed him off the phone. I saw Sanai walking into the gym. She looked as if she was looking for me.

 I reached out to her and apologized for calling her stuck up. I really wasn't trying to hurt her feelings. I just wanted her to be aware of how she came off to people. She accepted my apologies so long as I agreed to change my ways concerning my interactions with females. I shouldn't treat them all bad based on my run-ins with a few bad ones.

   "Wassup, baby." I greeted her. I pulled her in for a long hug.

   "Hey." She said with a smile.

  "What you doing over here? I thought you would be home by now." I asked her.

  "I wanted to invite you to this fundraiser that they're having in the Student Union. It's a throwback screening of Coach Carter." She said excitedly.

  I fiddled with my ear nervously. "I already had plans for tonight, baby."

  I watched her whole facial expression change.

 "Look Sanai, I'm sorry." I apologized.

"Its all good homie." She said shrugging her shoulders.

  Her choice of words automatically let me know that she wasn't okay.

"Quit lying to me. Say what's on your mind." I demanded, moving her chin so that she was facing me.

   "I just find it funny that it pisses you off when I turn down your party invite but expect for me to be okay when you do it to me. This isn't the first time that you've done this. You always either have something to do for the team or with Ceez. When do I get the chance to be with you outside of the gym Skylar?" She spilled.

  "We can be with each other at the parties but you never come." I shot back.

  "See you missing my point. You don't stop to think about what I might be interested in. It's always what you wanna do. If you know I don't like parties then why don't you try something we both might like. See I thought that tonight would be good since we both love Coach Carter. But I guess I was wrong...Ceez wins again." She said before walking away.

"Why do you always walk away from me, damn! Quit being so fucking childish." I yelled out.

  "Why should I stay here and continue to work things out with somebody whose selfish as fuck?! From the moment we started whatever this is between us, you've been my first thought. It's evident that we don't share the same sentiments." She yelled back.

"Whatever man. You being extra right now." I said before walking past her and packing my stuff up.

  "I'm tired of arguing with you Skylar. That's all we do." She said quietly.

  "Well stop then." I said simply before exiting the gym.

---------

Sorry for last weeks drama. I behaved indecently. It wont happen again.