Chapter 2: The Fall

Zephyr's Pov

It's been days since we left Berk for the Hidden World, and I was tired of seeing endless ocean. "I miss Mom and Dad." Nuffink says. 

"Me too, this is longer than I had anticipated." I say, regretting my rash decision to runaway. "I'm sorry for dragging you into this Nuff." I say pulling him in for a hug. 

"It's okay, I still want to find the dragons!" He says excitedly. I smile fondly and get back to handling the boat. A few hours later, and there was still nothing on the horizon. I was contemplating on turning around when Nuffink shot straight up. 

"Wow." He says. "What?" I ask. "There's a bunch of waterfalls up ahead." He says. "Cool." I say. 

Then what he had said finally sunk in. "There's a bunch of WHAT!" I yell. "Why are you getting mad- Ohhh." He says, finally realizing what that meant. 

We scramble around trying to avoid falling. But, Loki decided to hate us, and we start to get pulled in by the current. "I'm so sorry Nuffink!" I yell, yanking him close to me. I hug him dearly as we free fall. We hit water, and I try to swim to the surface. But when you have an unconscious little brother in your arms, its hard. As I struggle, my vision starts to blur and my movements become sluggish. I hear a splash and look up to see a black blob heading towards us.

I'm so very sorry,  was my last thought before I succumbed to the darkness.

Not as much as the other chapters, but hey! The story' still going!

I do not own httyd. All rights go to Cressida Cowell and Dreamworks studios.