Chapter 3: The lights

Zephyr's pov

I don't remember much after passing out in the water. But what I do remember doesn't make sense. Glimpses of colorful luminous lights and ivory claws holding me gently. 

When my eyes decided to fully stay open, I find that I was on a pile of soft leaves. I lie there, not registering where I was until Nuffink crossed my mind. "Nuffink!" I scream sitting straight up. I hear a groan next to me and I look to see Nuffink stirring. "Five more minutes mom." He mumbles. I roll my eyes and shake him. "Nuffink wake up! We're here." I whisper yell. "Really?!" He asks, his eyes opening up. When he sees where we're are, he sits up. "We made it!" He says with a large smile. "We did!" I say, returning his smile. "Mom and dad are gonna kill us." I say. "Yup!" He says. Then we hear a low growl. I slowly turn around and see Toothless. "Hey bud, its us remember." I say holding out my hand. He sniffs my hand and smiles, proceeding to lick my face. "Gross!" I say with a laugh. "He remembers us!" Nuffink says. Then the light fury comes into our line of sight, along with what we call the nightlights. Excited to see us again, they bounded over on to us. The problem is, they're bigger than we say them. Almost as big as Toothless. They land on top of us and we groan. "Get off, you guys are heavy." I say. Fortunately, they do get off. "Thank you." I say. "Yea, thanks." Nuffink says. I look at them and smile. "They're even more beautiful then I remember." I exhale. They come back up to us gentler. "Well hello there." I say, my voice octaves higher. "Let's name 'em!"Nuffink says. "Okay, how about Dart, Pouncer, and Ruffrunner." I say pointing to them as I say their names. "Sure whatever." Nuffink says without a care in the world. "There's only three of them, so we'll have to share all of them." I say. "We can become like Grandma!" Nuffink says, excited. "Well, we're gonna have to because our boat wrecked and there's no way out of here." I say. Unless... I walk over to Toothless. "Hey bud, you ready to bring dragons back to the real world?"