The Unraveling Abyss of Madness

Warnings for this chapter include the following: A descent into madness, Minor descriptions of injuries, illegible text.

"In everybody's life there's a point of no return. And in a very few cases, a point where you can't go forward anymore. And when we reach that point, all we can do is quietly accept the fact. That's how we survive." ― Haruki Murakami, quote from Kafka on the Shore

‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣͙୧ - - ୨˚̣̣̣͙୧‿︵‿︵

Day One

It's done. It's finally done!

After relentless pursuit, the elusive ectoplasmic entity, aptly dubbed Phantom (formerly Invis-o-bill), has been successfully captured. The chain of command's frustration with its repeated evasion has finally come to an end. Now, the opportunity arises to unravel the mysteries surrounding this enigmatic entity.

Despite its capture, it remains adamant about its human identity, a curious twist in the narrative. The ideal of understanding its perspective and potentially altering its worldview adds another layer to this paranormal saga. Perhaps, in time, the truth behind Phantom's existence and its peculiar beliefs will come to light.

Day Two

I was put in charge of watching Phantom's cell. It's unnerving how that thing can seemingly go hours without blinking. Perhaps this is a play on the thing's primal instincts.

Agent P was put in charge of dictating whether Phantom was healthy enough to begin working on. I was overjoyed when the Okay was given. I wonder when it'll be my turn to experiment on that brat.

The organization had the city placed on a lockdown as it took care of Phantom and it's "Family." Getting rid of those nonsensical Doctors was no problems. Staging a lab accident within their home phone was rather easy. After all, it was doomed to happen either way. The only concerning thing was the eldest daughter of that family was missing. She'll be found soon.

Day Three

I was finally able to experiment on it. What will make this ghost tick? A ghost that is able to defeat others ghosts while juggling pretending being a high school student. A "child" that can defeats beings equivalent to gods. It's ironic this thing was captured by mere humans.

The look on its face after I told it its friends and family were dead was amazing. It didn't need to know we didn't know where its friends have gone, nor that its sister had disappeared. We'll find them soon enough. I wonder if I can get permission from the higher ups to show the pitiful thing it's family's corpse. After all, it was its fault for getting involved with them.

Day 7 Seven

The incessant cacophony of Phantom's agonized screams has transcended from a source of amusement to an irksome disturbance. The once enjoyable spectacle of witnessing the spectral entity writhe in simulated pain, a mere theatrical endeavor to elicit sympathy from our ranks, has lost its luster. The persistent charade, now extending over seven days, has evolved from an initially entertaining charade into a source of vexation.

In response to this relentless display, I find myself compelled to escalate the torment. If Phantom harbors a desire for us to perceive its suffering as genuine, then it shall receive an intensified manifestation of agony. The impending vivisection, a procedure that had already been on the agenda, now takes on a renewed significance. The relentless pursuit of unraveling the secrets within Phantom's ethereal anatomy demands a more intrusive examination, and I shall derive a perverse satisfaction from the escalation of its fabricated suffering.