iv

༺🖤༻

Was Sukuna supposed to be afraid? Probably. Was he afraid? Not at all. But the humming kept messing with his head, and he couldn't help himself from playing along.

He reached into the waterfall-a bold move on his part-latching on to whatever hid itself inside.

Sukuna replayed that moment a million times in his head, yet it was never as good as it was the first time. Her emerald green eyes went wide as she gasped for air. She looked like a painting with the way the water made her clothes and hair stick to her skin, and it framed her features so perfectly in that white kimono.

A laugh bubbled up inside Sukuna's throat.

"This must be my lucky day," Sukuna grinned sadistically, dragging his sharp nails across her throat. "I've been itching to slit that pretty little throat of yours."

"You'd... kill me?" Satsuki asked weakly. She smiled her irritating smile, not fazed in the slightest as his nails left a painful trail of pink on her porcelain skin. But despite the pain, her eyes looked dead. The light from before was long gone. It was like Sukuna was death himself, and she welcomed the darkness he brought.

"Please."

There was something about the look on her face that said she wanted nothing more than to die by his hand. Sukuna searched her face, his grip on her waist tightening as he tried his best to sort out his feelings on this matter.

Since when did he have feelings on something as simple as choking a bitch?

Apparently, since she gave him that damn "I'll die happy if you're the one to kill me" look.

He hesitated. He wanted to kill the woman whose expression was overflowing with elegant defiance, not the one with a lifeless eyes. "You've changed. What a shame."

"So have you..." She smiled.

There it was, the fire. Sukuna smiled as he wrapped his bear paw of a hand around her throat. "Oh, how so?"

"Your anger... is different..." She choked, fighting the pain of her throat being slowly crushed, her smile never faltering.

With that statement, Sukuna had enough. He tried crushing her throat, but there was something stopping him. It felt like Sukuna was holding water in the shape of a woman in his arms.

"The fuck-?"

"It seems like I'm immortal in this place... perhaps we are in a dream?"

Sukuna scoffed. "It's an innate domain, we aren't 8 year olds."

"Is that so?" Her eyes wandered around the domain, soaking up every detail and tucking it away to a small corner of her brain. "I have no idea what that is."

Sukuna frowned. Something about this whole situation confused him, mainly the fact that she had no cursed energy or knowledge of jujutsu, but was able to use advanced domain techniques with that waterfall. Until now that was something only he knew how to do, yet this woman with no cursed energy could do it without even thinking.

It irritated and fascinated him.

"It's too bad you couldn't kill me, I was wishing for death," She sighed.

"Oh noo, your life was too cushy and every fucker wanted your fat ass so now you have to kill yourself," Sukuna mocked. "Cry about it."

"I could cry about it, but that'd ruin my makeup," Satsuki responded, not provoked in the slightest, which irked Sukuna. "Besides, I'm not the type to..."

But Sukuna wasn't paying attention to the words coming from the woman's mouth, instead it was more like white noise calming the voices in his head and lulling him into a peaceful slumber...

༺🖤༻
The voices tho.