002

Lucie's POV

As girls entering the building, we were now expected to act well-mannered and act a thousand times better than the boys, which wasn't difficult for me, as the moment I could form words I was taught "pleases" and "thank yous", it was just keeping my mouth shut. It already seemed like a lot of students and staff didn't exactly want girls here, meaning we would have to work a thousand times harder just to be accepted.

Michelle gazed around as we walked to our class. "It's so strange being here.."

I looked around with her. "Yeah, especially with there being so little of us.."

The halls looked shiny and clean, and they looked way more structured than my old school did, which made a lot of sense because between boys' and girls' schools, it unfortunately, was obvious which one would get more funding.

It seemed like we had a decent number of classmates, I groaned as I noticed Descamps was in our form, too, same with his little friend that he was always seen running around with. He stood out from the other guys. He was much taller, and his shoulders broad. Descamps hair also grew out over the summer. It was more tousled, which was surprising to me considering the fact his mother was so set on appearances.

He caught my eye and winked, then whispered something in his friend's ear. They both chuckled and gave me one last glance. I rolled my eyes at their antics and then focused back on the teacher, who had led us to the front of a classroom.

We all filed in and took our seats, Michele sat with Simone, so I awkwardly stood up front waiting to see if any other girls were going to come in, but no girl did, it was all just guys.

Giraud bore her eyes into me. "Are you going to keep standing there, mademoiselle, or are you going to take a seat?"

"I'm sorry, madam." I quickly took a seat at the table behind the one in the front. Wow, she's really uptight. I thought.

Sitting alone felt awkward, I only knew three people in the class, and it wasn't looking good for me, I shifted uncomfortably and looked around at all the faces around me.

"Sitting alone, aren't you?" I tensed at the boy's deep voice and turned my body around to face him "Pathetic isn't it?"

"What's pathetic is how you always fail at keeping quiet." I started. "Has anybody ever taught you how to shut your mouth?"

The boys that are all sitting around Descamps, who I assume are his friends, all "Ooooh"

He looked over at the boy he was laughing with earlier. "She seems feisty this morning, doesn't she Dupin?" Descamps taunted. "Don't get your panties in a twist. It's only the first day."

I resisted the urge to get up and slap the daylights out of him. Of course, his tall figure would probably be an obstacle, and along with that, I don't think Suzanne would appreciate her "handsome" son coming home with a vibrant red handprint on his face.

I quickly zone back into reality and watch as the gorgeous girl from earlier walks in, taking a seat by Pichon. The expression on his face looked equivalent to the look of if one of the Beatles just sat next to him.

"My name is Mrs. Giraud, your homeroom teacher." the callous teacher paused as her eyes narrowed on the blonde. "What's your name, mademoiselle?"

The girl in the navy dress stood up, "Annick Sabiani." The disgusted look didn't leave Giraud's face. "Where do you think you are, Mademoiselle Sabiani? Do you think it's okay to sit next to a boy? Pick up your things." What was she even going on about? It's a mixed school, of course girls and boys are gonna have to sit next to each other sometime.