✧i know you will✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Get Free- Lana Del Rey

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

In the days that followed, the rhythm of life in Gwendolyn's world continued with a sense of routine without Thomas. Alfie's telegram to Adrian confirmed the success of their partnership, bringing a momentary sense of relief to Gwendolyn. Yet, amidst the daily tasks and responsibilities, Malachi's presence surprisingly rarely faltered.

Together, they navigated through the mundane tasks of daily life. They sifted flour together for baking bread, preparing the ingredients for supper, and Malachi even offered his assistance in mending the rip on her old dress's hem, his fingers clumsily attempting to maneuver the needle and thread.

One afternoon, as they found themselves in the community herb garden, the fragrant scent of basil and thyme filling the air, Malachi broke the comfortable silence with a subtle question. "So, Gwen," he began casually, his tone betraying a hint of curiosity, "how's everything been with Tommy lately?"

Gwen paused, her fingers pausing in their task of plucking the leaves from a basil plant. She glanced at Malachi, a flicker of apprehension crossing her features before she replied carefully, "Oh, you know, the usual. Tommy's been busy with business as usual. At least I think."

Malachi nodded, his gaze lingering on her for a moment longer before returning to the task at hand. "Right, right," he murmured seemingly to himself, satisfied with her response.

She failed to suppress an amused scoff, shaking her head before moving on to the next bush that needed pruning.

"You never fail to interrogate me about that bloody man!" Gwen laughed lightly, her tone playful as she deliberately avoided meeting Malachi's gaze, knowing full well he was likely sporting a smirk, teasing his sister.

Malachi chuckled, the sound warm to her ears. "Can you blame me, Gwen? You spend half your time sneaking off to meet him in the dark streets of Small Heath," he teased, his voice filled with playful banter.

Gwen rolled her eyes playfully, though a hint of pink tinged her cheeks at the mention of her meetings with Tommy. "Oh, please. You make it sound like such gossip. It's just business," she replied nonchalantly, though her tone betrayed her with a hint of defensiveness.

As the afternoon sun began to dip below the horizon, casting long shadows across the garden, Malachi turned to Gwen with a smirk playing on his lips. "Hey, Gwen, I meant to ask you. Do you mind keeping your window shut at night?" he asked casually, his tone innocent but his eyes glinting with their usual mischief.

Gwen's heart skipped a beat at his request, a sudden rush of panic coursing through her veins. She knew exactly why Malachi was asking, and the realization sent a jolt of shock through her system.