"The Clandestine Network"

Isabelle took a moment to arrange her office to her liking, meticulously placing documents and setting up her workspace for efficiency. The soft hum of the office enveloped her as she focused on making the space conducive to productivity.

Just as she settled into her chair, Mark casually strolled into her office, a confident smile playing on his lips."Nice setup, Isabelle. Got everything you need?"

She looked up, a composed expression on her face. "Yes, Mark. I like to keep things organized and efficient."

Mark leaned against the doorway, a flirtatious glint in his eyes.
"Well, efficiency is attractive, you know. Speaking of which, what's it like working so closely with the 'icy' boss ? Must be challenging."

Isabelle met his gaze, her response measured yet laced with subtle confidence. "Mr Santoro is a demanding boss, but challenges often bring out the best in people. I'm here to excel in my role."

Mark chuckled, moving to inspect the personal touches Isabelle added to her office. "Well, I like a woman who can handle a challenge. Maybe we could grab a coffee sometime, talk about work and, you know, other things."

Isabelle maintained her professionalism, deflecting his advances with grace. "I appreciate the offer, Mark. Right now, I'm focused on settling into my new role."

Undeterred, Mark pulled out the chair across from Isabelle and took a seat, invading her personal space. "Come on, Isabelle, you and I could make a great team."

Isabelle, maintaining her composure, gracefully stood up.
"Mark, I appreciate your interest, but my focus is on excelling in my role and contributing to the team. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some tasks to attend to."

As she moved towards the door and opened for him , Mark followed suit, seemingly undeterred. "Isabelle, you're different. I like that. A bit of mystery can be intriguing."

She turned, her expression unwavering. "Thank you, Mark. However, professionalism is a priority for me. If you have any work-related matters, feel free to discuss them, but personal interactions need to be within professional boundaries."

Isabelle's clear stance and intelligent responses left Mark with little room to push further. He chuckled, attempting one final flirtatious comment,

"You're a tough one, Isabelle. I like a challenge."She smiled politely, her gaze firm.
"Challenges make us stronger, don't they? Now, I really must get back to work."

Closing the door behind Mark, Isabelle returned to her desk, her mind focused on the tasks at hand.

Isabelle got down to work, focusing on her tasks with dedication. Her office buzzed with the sound of her typing as she tackled emails, reports, and upcoming projects. Her desk, though busy, reflected her organized and careful approach to her responsibilities.

Throughout the day, Isabelle impressed everyone with her efficiency and smarts. She interacted with her colleagues professionally, making a positive impression in the office , Isabelle's ability to handle pressure and excel became clear. Her colleagues and superiors noticed her adaptability and sharp thinking.

Isabelle stood up and checked the time, realizing it was time for lunch. She packed her belongings and headed out to have lunch in the company canteen on the 5th floor. Stepping out of her office, she unexpectedly encountered the same person who had stood like a statue during her interview day.

"Should I approach him or not?"

After a brief moment of thought, she decided to approach him, hoping to gather some information about Daniel. As she stood behind him, he seemed unaware of her presence.

She gently poked his shoulder twice with the tip of her finger. He turned, meeting her gaze with an icy expression, raising his eyebrows. Undeterred, she offered a smile, but he continued to look at her without any reaction.

"Hi," she greeted, still maintaining a smile. He nodded in response and continued looking forward, causing Isabelle's smile to fade. Undeterred, she stood in front of him, prompting him to glance at her face.

"Well, you seem to be an introvert. You don't need to be this shy to even say hi to a girl," she remarked while observing him. He remained silent, moving slightly away from her. Isabelle ignored the shift and persisted, standing in front of him once again.

"Okay, as it's lunchtime, why don't you join me for lunch? You don't need to worry; I'll pay," she suggested.

He glanced at his watch, then at her for a moment, and finally said, "Okay." Isabelle's smile returned instantly. She took his hand, and they descended together to the canteen. Sitting down, they began to eat their food when Isabelle initiated a conversation.

"Let's introduce ourselves. I'm Isabelle, working as a personal assistant for Mr. Santoro," Isabelle said, setting her spoon aside. He looked up at her and responded, "Hello, Isabelle. I'm Matto, working as a personal bodyguard for Mr. Santoro." With that, he continued eating his food.

"Hello, Matto. Thanks for responding, at least you know how to talk," Isabelle whispered the last two lines and picked up her spoon to eat. He looked up at her and replied, "You know I can even hear."

"Oh, that's a great thing. Can I ask you something?" Isabelle inquired, to which he replied with a yes. "Does every bodyguard need to be this cold and act like they're always cold?" He paused for a second and asked, "What do you mean?"

She responded, "I mean, you can be a great actor, but you need to stop acting when you're not working." He stared into her eyes and stated, "I am not acting." She retorted with a hint of sarcasm, "Sure." They waited while maintaining eye contact.

He sighed, looked down, and conceded, "Fine, you won. It's not about acting, but that's what all bodyguards do. That's the reason I am here," he admitted, gazing into her eyes with a hint of softness.

Isabelle smiled and replied, "You can, but not when you're not working." He smiled back and asked, "But how did you know I am acting?"

She shrugged her shoulders, continued eating, and said, "Cause I am a human too." He laughed at her remark and continued eating.

"By the way, don't your legs hurt from standing so long?" He shrugged his shoulders and replied, "It used to hurt in the beginning, but not anymore." She looked at him and said, "You're a tough guy." He responded, "Yeah, I know. You seem the same."

She asked, "How can you say that?" He replied, "I saw how you answered and handled the remark of mark without making any trouble. Most girls always say yes to him, which boosts his ego." She paused and said, "Don't you think hearing other people's conversations is wrong?" He responded, "Don't you think dragging a guy who is a complete stranger while he is doing his job is wrong?"

"That's different."

"Even this is different."

Isabelle rolled her eyes, got up as they finished eating, and went up to her office. Matto followed her and went back to his job.

She continued her job until it was time to leave. She packed her stuff and went out to see if Matto was there or not. Not finding him, she went to Daniel's office and informed him that she was leaving, which he accepted.

She went inside her car and drove straight to her apartment, freshened up, ate something, and slept.