Chapter Seven

"You're my golden retriever." Karma adds trying to sound cute.

"Okay, I hate you right now." Amy says playfully.

"But you love me." Karma says being naive.

Shane chimes in, "Not to break up the les-fest, but what are you gonna do about Liam?"

Amy starts, "She's gonna talk to him at the end of the day, and I'll be waiting for her to go back to her house, then mine, then to a date."

"When you say you have things planned you really do have things planned." Shane says stunned.

Karma kisses Amy's cheek, and says "I'm supposed to be the planner."

"And you will be, I just planned our first date. You plan all of our girls' nights, and other things."

"Where are we going?" Karma says standing on her tippy toes, holding Amy's hand in both of hers.

"It's a surprise." Amy booped her on the nose.

Karma was hoping that they we're going to stay home and watch terrible movies, and cuddle all night. Amy gave a smirk like she was gonna do something terrible.

"Well, I'm going to class. Call me, beep me, if you wanna reach me. Bye!" Shane walks off once he's had enough of interrupting their conversation.

"Karma, I should be going too. I'm gonna be late for class, and my teacher's a bitch if we're even close to being late." Amy kisses Karma's cheek, then scampers to class.

Karma turns the other way, and catches up to Shane, who's going to the same class. She starts a conversation with him, "Wait up."

"Are you two done being all lovey-dovey?"

"She's going to Mr. Heffman. He's like all the way across the school."

"I know. I go here."

They enter the class, and take seat next to one another. With no interruptions, they pay attention, besides Karma. She's busy thinking about Amy. The class ends and she and Shane go to their next class and the same procedure happens.

She does this until the next class, which she has with Amy. She practically does the same thing although Amy steals a few kisses from her when the teacher isn't looking. They've been together all throughout the day, flaunting their relationship, Karma was hoping Liam would figure it out. He was never around. Amy was just glad she finally got Karma.

It was the near end of the last class of the day. The bell rings, and Karma scurries out of the room as fast as she can. She runs straight for the art room. She sees Liam, and she stands still seeing him hanging pieces of broken glass, from a cracked heart.

"Liam ..." She breaks the silence.

He turns around, "Are you gonna run away again?" He says with a toned smirk.

"Not exactly, but I'm still gonna leave right afterwards."

"After what?" He looks confused.

"This ... Liam, I can't be with you."

"Karma, that's insane. I know you feel what I feel when we kiss."

"The sparks are gone, Liam. I'm sorry. I just can't-"

"This is about the threesome isn't it?"

"Not even close."

"Then what?" Karma's at a loss for words, as Liam walks towards her. "Exactly. There's no reason. You're just being delusional." Liam says this with a mental look in his eyes.

"Yeah there is ... Liam, I'm with Amy ... and I just feel wrong doing all of this."

"You hesitated ... There's something you're not telling me."

"No I'm-"

"I live with a family of liars, I know every tell there is."

"Fine. Her and I were ... I really shouldn't tell you. I'm breaking up with you, Liam. I have to go now, Amy's waiting for me."

"Wha-"

Karma doesn't walk, but runs out of the art room to see Amy waiting right outside the school. Amy opens the door and says, "Hop in, babe."

"Stop calling me that." Karma climbs into the car.

"You called me your golden retriever, I deserve this."

"I - whatever."

"How did things with Liam go?"

"He's still confused, but I think he gets it."

"Well at least you did it."

"Yeah." She lays her head on Amy's shoulder.

"Karma stop doing that while I'm driving. Every time you do that I have to readjust myself."

"Sorry." Karma lifts her head and puts her knees up.

"You're like a kitten. You do something bad, but it's okay because you're so cute."

"I'm not cute I'm ... okay I'm cute."

"Ha. Ha. We're here."

"Don't you mean we're ha-ha-here?"

"You're learning." Amy gets out and opens Karma's door. Karma gets out and they walk into Karma's house. Her parents aren't there, and she doesn't know why, she figures they've gone out for something. They go to Karma's room and Amy sits down on her bed. Karma goes to her closet and picks out a long red dress.

They leave and drive over to Amy's house, Karma stays on the couch. Amy goes up and picks a medium length black dress, and returns to Karma. "Alright, we have three and a half hours until our date." Amy says this with a huge grin.

"When do I get to know where we're going?"

"When we get there."

"Fine. Your lucky I like you so much." Karma pouts.

"I'm lucky you like me at all," Amy says with relief. "I wanted to tell you but I was too afraid you'd say you didn't feel the same."

"How long were you gonna keep it from me?" Karma looks worried.

"Until you figured it out."

"Well, when did you start liking me?"

"I always did. I just didn't know until the kiss in the gym, hence the 'woah'."

Karma kisses Amy, and leaves her to jokingly say "Woah." Karma says, "I know."

They passed the time as quick as they could trying to skip over the next hour. When they kissed, Karma felt it wasn't like Liam's rough and lust filled kisses. They were soft, delicate, and loving. She much preferred this, she loved Amy but she knew it was too soon to say so. Amy loved her too, it wasn't too soon to think it for her but much too soon to say it.

"I love you."

To be continued ...