Episode 3- Cridlington's Crush

(elvny fluff)

"Dah dah dah, I'm the cook! I cook good things for the fire station men-er-and girl! I cook Bolognese and mashed potatoes- and it sure smells- oh dear, it's burning!!"

Fireman Elvis Cridlington tried to cook a pot of, well, er, something, as he sang a little ditty.

"How's the food coming along, Cridlington?" Steele asked, walking up to the young man, "doing well, I suppose?"

"Yes sir," Elvis grinned, "it's going great."

"Well," Steele said, grimacing at the boiling pot of mysterious mush, "I-actually I'm going to check on Sam. See how his invention is going."

"Right-o, Sir," Elvis said, saluting, which caused him to drop his stirring spoon. He yelped and picked it back up. He quickly washed it in the sink and continued to stir.

"Hey, Elvis," a voice came from behind him. Elvis jumped and turned around to see Penny Morris, his longtime crush.

"Er," he muttered as she approached him, "heh heh, hi Penny."

"How's the cooking?" she asked.

"It's good," Elvis replied, a blush spreading across his face, "I-I'm just makin' some-uh-soup. Do you fancy a sniff?"

Penny brought her face up to the simmering pot and breathed in the soup. She grimaced a bit but tried to smile as she said, "er, it's very good, Elvis."

"Thanks," Elvis blushed, looking at the ground, "I'm glad you like it."

"I hope it turns out well," Penny told him, "especially since you're the one cooking, Elvis."

"Uh, thanks," Elvis spoke, feeling like he was about to faint, "you-you sure know-I-I mean, well-"

"Uncle Sam! Uncle Sam!!"

"Sam! Elvis! Penny!"

Mandy, Sarah, and James entered the fire station all of a sudden, startling Elvis out of his awkward blushing stuttering mess.

"Hello, kids," Sam said, entering the room, wiping his face, which was covered in grime from working on his secret invention, "what's up?"

"We're trying to find Dusty," James explained, "no one's seen him for 3 hours!"

"Hmm..." Sam thought, rubbing his chin, "well, I don't think I have. What about you, Elvis and Penny?"

"I haven't," Penny said, "what about you, Elvis?"

"Er..." Elvis blushed, "no..."

"Oh well," Mandy sighed, "I guess we'll just have to ask someone else."

"I'm sure he just ran off somewhere," Sarah told her brother and friend, "he's probably fine."

"But what if he isn't??" Mandy asked as they left the fire station.

"Oh, you've spent way too much time with Norman," James sighed, folding his arms, "you probably think he's been abducted by aliens or something!"

"No," Mandy thought, "he's probably gotten stuck on Pontypandy Mountain!"

"You're thinking of Woolly," Sarah said as she walked away from the two other kids, "I'm sure Dusty wouldn't go up there!"

"Yes," Mandy said, catching up to the blonde girl, "but he might!"

"Perhaps..." James said, running up to the others, "but I really don't-"

"We've got to search the mountain," Mandy said, putting a finger to James's lips, making him blush, "to find Dusty."