38

| Monday, January 15th, Taylor - Wilson House |

Fatima's alarm went off which almost sent her into a heart attack, she hated that noise. After getting herself ready, she made Junior and Zac a quick breakfast, Junior had to be at school by 9:05 AM and picked up by 1 PM.

"Babe." Fatima woke Zac up. "Hmm?"

"I made breakfast and don't forget Junior gotta go to Pre-K, it starts at 9, and it's 8:05 now. He bathed last night and his outfit already picked out."

He yawned. "Okay, I'm getting up. You smell good, where you off too?" He took notice of her outfit.

"I got a hunch about my case so I am following up a lead on it. And thank you for the compliment. I am actually running late so I gotta go." She got up before he pulled her back down. "Baeeee." She whined because she spent the majority of the morning getting her hair to lay right.

"Ain't tryna hear none of that. Give me a kiss and tell me you love me." She smiled before giving him a kiss. "I love you. Happy now?"

"Very." He smacked her ass once she got up. "Go kick ass and I love you too."

"Oh yeah!" Fatima re-entered the room. "Take some meat out for dinner."

I never understood why my mother would tell me that as if she wasn't walking past the kitchen to head out the garage. Just lazy shit😑

| 30 minutes later.. Unknown location |

She pulled up to an abandon warehouse like she was instructed to do, making sure her doors were locked as she continuously looked out the windows. A knock appeared on her passenger side window startling her as she was looking through the drivers side window. She rolled the window down just a smidge. "Take your mask off."

They shook their head before removing the masks, revealing no one other than Blue and Midnight, it was supposed Tommy and Midnight but Madam needed all the security she could handle in Chicago as her club was just hit again. She unlocked the door and they all hopped in. "Fuck y'all got masks on for?"

"Well hello to you too sis." Midnight said from the back seat. "Masks cover up your face." Blue shrugged.

"Okay now what did you need for us to take an overnight flight on Martin Luther King Day? Cause I was tryna throw something on the grill." Midnight spoke.

"I just need to do surveillance on two guys from one of my cases. I don't know anybody out here and you guys are the only ones I trust." Fatima started her car up.

"How do you know where they will be at?" Blue asked throwing her seatbelt on.

"Cause I was following them all last week and I got them on video talking about something but I couldn't hear the person on the other end."

"Okay...." Midnight stated waiting for her to finish.

"The sooner I finish close out this case, the sooner I get my career together. I don't owe a gun anymore so I need y'all as back up." Fatima pulled up to a restaurant that was mentioned over the recording. "Now we just gotta wait."

"How you been?" Midnight asked her.

"Can't complain." She shrugged. Midnight and Blue both nodded to each other, they have known her for years so she knows when she is lying but they are gonna let it go since this is their first time seeing her in years. Before she went legal she worked alongside Madam, ruthless and taking no remorse. But then she went legal and wanted out, Madam understood, and that's how she went on to obtain her law degree.

"Look!" Fatima pointed through the windshield. "There they go." All three of them watched Hayden and Gary in suits enter a establishment, destroy it, and then leave. The same MO for the other ones, Fatima waited for them to take off in their car before she went to talk to the shop owners.