Chapter Twenty

"Please promise me that you'll come Aurora, I need your support".

Aurora's friend Althea pleaded as she packed away the last of the patient's files in their prospective places. She wore a big smile with her bright pink lipstick which complemented her skin tone. Her hair was pulled back in one and pinned. She smiled at Aurora and stared at her with her big blue eyes like a child desperately asking her parent for an ice cream on a hot day.

Aurora pulled up her sleeve and squeezed a pea size of hand sanitizer in her palm as she rubbed her palms together.

"Thea I told you that I have wedding plans to work on, David is coming the same evening when you have dinner".

"Why can't he come the day after?"

She laughed. Aurora laughed as well.

"Don't say that Thea, I haven't seen my finance in months".

"Don't think I don't know what your intentions are when David gets here and I know it's not just to work on wedding plans", she teased.

The corners of Aurora's cheeks extended and her eyes widened.

"I don't intend to say anything else to you about this" she chuckled. "I don't know what is going on in that dirty little mind of yours".

She knew exactly what Thea was talking about but was not the type of person who would readily put her business out there. Of course, David's visit would not be all about planning their wedding and it wouldn't take a genius to figure that out. She wanted to spend time with him.

Aurora laughed and winked at her friend.

Two weeks later, Aurora drove to the airport to pick up David. She was excited to see him and she could not wait to be in his arms. Having a long-distance relationship was difficult. She anticipated the future where she and her husband would have dinner every night and spend quality time together despite their demanding careers. Nothing was perfect, but she had watched her parents do it for years and although she knew that there would be challenges, she also knew that the challenges could also be defeated. As soon as she saw David, her heartbeat got faster. When he saw her, he was smiling as he quickly made his way to where she was. They began kissing each other and she instantly felt a thousand butterflies rising in her stomach. When they finally stopped to catch their breaths they both began to laugh.

"I can see you missed me", David teased.

"More than you could imagine".

"I see. That means we will have a hell of an evening then Ms. Flemming".

"Don't be naughty David but I do look forward to whatever it is that you have planned", she smiled.

They hugged each other again and headed towards the car.

A few hours later, Aurora's friend Thea was getting ready for her date. She was anxious and she began to feel overwhelmed. It was nice that her date had extended invitations to one of the nicest restaurants in town and she anticipated the events of the evening. She hadn't been on a date in a very long time and she wanted to make a good impression. After all, who knew if this was her future husband? She applied light makeup to complement her skin and removed the curlers from her hair then she slowly slipped into her little black dress that accentuated her curves to show her body. She was ready.

Arriving at the restaurant Thea's date was already there waiting for her. He pulled out her chair for her to be seated and she was impressed by his gesture. It was already proof that he was a gentleman. Although she was a bit nervous at first, he made her quite comfortable and the evening progressed smoothly. When they arrived at her apartment later that evening, he thanked her for a wonderful evening and promised her that he would call her. It was the conclusion of a beautiful evening.