01| Hello?

Akanksh's POV

"Leave Akanksh you can never be a  husband to me!"

"How do you know that he is your son? How do you know I didn't cheat on you?" She smirked and my anger got the best of me which resulted in me shattering the vase, just like my heart.

"No one will ever love you romantically and the one who does is just as stupid"

"I'll never love any part of you, even if that part is my own son"

Initially consumed by grief and sorrow, I found myself questioning the purpose of existence. Every day seemed like an unending tapestry of pain, woven with the unseen threads of my memories and heartache.

My son, the innocent bearer of his relentless sorrow. He was the sole reason for my happiness as his laughter  became the beacon of hope that pierced through the dark clouds.

After the incident I immersed myself in fatherhood and touched my company's success to new heights.  

During these events, my biggest stress buster was art—a realm where I could give shape to my deepest emotions.

I continued to paint, letting my brushstrokes trace the contours of my feelings. With every stroke of color, I found a temporary respite from the weight of my grief. My grief which was weighing heavy in my heart from the time my son told me how he doesn't know where his mumma is or how my province needs a queen as well

I understood that happiness does not erase moments of sadness, nor does loss negate future joys of my son. I can't even imagine how my son feels without a mother figure because honestly I would have been lost without my own mother.

After I was done with the last few strokes, I looked at the painting of my son smiling as bright as sun on mummy's arm. I left the picture on the stand to dry after I glanced at the clock which told me it was time for Ayaan to come home.

"Papa can you stay home, and bake liquid chocolate cake?"

And who was I to deny my son's request, even though he called choco lava a liquid chocolate cake. It made me happy that after a long time he demanded something from me, so I cleared my schedule for today and shifted it tomorrow. It was the least I could have done for him.

I came downstairs to see Ayaan and Ekta along with chotti maa and mummy consoling a little girl.......

"Who is she?" I voiced out my question for everyone to whip there heads towards my direction. Ayaan smiled and dashed towards me with open arms, to which I catched him and twirled around a little for him.

"Papa stayed!" Ayaan said with a big grin on his face which made tomorrow's work look like nothing.

"Who is she Ekta?" I asked once Ayaan was standing next to me.

"Papa! I saw her crying near the ice cream shop! She lost!" I looked at the little girl who had these cute pigtails and green brown eyes which were red due to crying and pink chubby cheeks which had tear streaks.

My heart felt like it was about to burst by looking at her tears, just like when I see Ayaan crying.

I crouched infront of her and looked at her with soft eyes "What is your name kiddo?" I asked her "Aradhya Awasthi" she said in this cute soft voice.

"Can you tell me your mumma papa's name?" I asked her while taking my phone out of my pocket to call the school administrative office regarding the contact details.

"My mumma is Adhira Awasthi......I-I don't know......my pa-papa" she said which made me look up at her to see her eyes filling with tears again.

The ache I felt was unbearable. This Little girl reminded me a lot of my Ayaan and the way he reacted to the question asked about his mother from his classmates.

I called the department and they picked up almost instantly, if they didn't, i would have made their life hell "Give me the contact details of Aradhya Awasthi's mother" I ordered without any trace of emotions.

Emotions are a weakness in front of people. It gives them opportunity to use something or the other against you when you are in a position everyone desires to be in. Even the closest to you can betray you in a blink of an eye and destroy everything you have worked hard to achieve.

"Sir but- we aren't allowed to share information of any student with anyone-" "And I own that school so if you love your job and value your life, I need the information in a minute"

"Ji hukum" he said in a trembling voice. I smirked, the trick works like a charm every time.

Just in a minute, I had the document which I needed. I downloaded it and looked at the parent information part.

Ms.Adhira Awathi
Age- 26
Profession- teacher
Contact number -7895......

I called on the number and a panicked voice of a woman was audible to me

"Hello?"

Her voice sounded like honey. Sweet and quiet, like the voice of an apsara straight from heaven.

Why am I reacting like a teenage boy again?

                       "Hello, are you Aradhya's
                         mother?"

"Yes that's me! Do you                            have my daughter?                               Can I talk to her please? Wait
Please don't tell me that you
are a kidnapper or something"

Do I sound like a kidnapper to this lady? Is my voice that bad?

I gave my phone to the little girl who had a glint of hope, a hope to find her mother. As the girl said hello, she started crying again saying 'mumma! I miss you' and that she is with her new friend 'Ayaan bhai' while Ayaan patted her head and hugged her from the side.

This made Ekta say 'aww' because really we were in awe. I have never seen Ayaan hug anyone except family so this was a little new to both of us. Even mummy was shocked to say the least.

After Aradhya was done talking to her mother she gave me my phone back and started smiling and talking to Ayaan as if they were best friends already.

"Can I have your address                           so that I can pick up Aradhya?"

                               "I'll text you the          necessary information"

"That would be great- "

The phone cuts as the signal is lost. I sigh and crouched infront of Aradhya again "Your mumma will be here to pick you up soon okay? But for the time being me and Ayaan were making chocolate cake, so would you like to help and make one on your own?"

Aradhya smiled and nodded her head making her pigtails bounce " I Love chocolate cake!"

"Bhaisa ! Mere liye bhi ek please" she pouted and a small smile graced my lips while the rest of them giggled.
_________________________________________

So....I am just getting the hang of it? Soon I'll post longer chapters! I promise.
This is just the beginning 😉
-Ana