Chapter 1: The Unmotivated Bastard and the Lazy Genius

3rd POV. Fejite City, Southern Alzano Empire.

???: Mom, are you sure you'll be alright?

A young man with red hair that is tied to a low ponytail, asks a woman who is sitting on a chair.

A woman with brown hair and red eyes.

???: Albus, don't worry, I'll be fine

???: Albus, don't worry, I'll be fine. Besides, the doctor told me that I'm getting better now.

Albus: A-All right. Don't push yourself too much, Mom.

Albus: And if you ever need help.

Albus conjures his magic and summons a falcon familiar.

Albus: Just touch the bracelet attached to my falcon's left talon and we can talk over long distances.

???: All right, all right. Geez, you worrywart.

Albus: I have the right to be worried!

???: But that is my job.

Albus: *sigh*

Albus: But please, Mom.

???: I know, I know.

Regina: I, Regina Campbell, will be fine holding out.

Albus: All right. See you later, Mom.

Regina: Have fun at school.

Albus left the house and went on his way to school.

The city of Fejite, located within the Southern Region of the Alzano Empire.

The Alzano Empire is known to be a magic superpower. One of the reasons is that it has an academy that produced outstanding mages throughout the Empire's history.

The Alzano Imperial Magic Academy is a prestigious magic school where even students can learn advanced magics.

Our story will revolve around a student of the said academy.

Albus Campbell, 16 years old and currently a second year student in the academy. He was just admitted in the academy a few months before the school year began.

He is said to be aloof with everyone as being the new kid was one of the reasons why he is like that. Though some of the girls in the academy are enamored because of his beautiful red hair.