Chapter 2: The "Truth" of Magic

Albus' POV. Alzano Imperial Magic Academy.

It's been a day since Glenn became our homeroom teacher.

And he's lazy as heck.

He's too unmotivated.

Albus: Oh dear. I can't help that something is about to unfold. I need to be here, just in case.

And I heard that Sistine challenged Glenn on a duel.....and it's no surprise that Glenn lost.

The demand was that if Glenn lost, he had to act as a proper teacher. But he's not fulfilling his end of the bargain.

Well, I did ask about why is Glenn being so unmotivated, and Miss Celica answered all of my questions.

The incident where one of our comrades, Executive Officer #4, the Empress, Sara Silvers, died during a certain incident that involved a certain drug.

When I got home yesterday, I investigated the said drug and it was recorded in one of the books compiled by the Campbell Family.

It is horrible that section was written with a warning to proceed with caution.

The truth that I discovered, I don't want to think about it for now.

And back to reality, it seems like Sistine and Glenn are arguing again.

Until......

Glenn: Magic is incredibly useful...

Glenn: ....for killing people.

Class 2: !?

This shocked the whole class, except for me.

Albus: I was actually made aware of that part when Dad began teaching me about magic. The dark side of magic, that is.

Glenn: Listen up. In the same time sword arts can kill one person, magic can kill ten people.

Albus: Hey, hey, Glenn, you're scaring everyone.

I begin to worry. Even though I am at the same age group as my classmates, I knowsl the light and dark side of magic as I was a former member of the Mage Corps alongside Glenn.

Albus: Should I stop him? Wait, no, I can't do that or else my classmates will get suspicious about me.

Glenn: There's no other field that excels so much at killing people.

Albus: Well, we are developing weapons of mass destruction that doesn't require magic.

Sistine: Quit joking!

Albus: That's only a natural reaction for someone who haven't seen battle, let alone blood being spilled in the battlefield.

Glenn: Both now and in the past, magic has had an inseverable link with murder.

Sistine: No....