Winter is Coming #1 | [SKZ CODE] Ep.01

During the opening credits of the episode, while all the other boys are shown sitting on the throne with a Game Of Thrones inspired name, Riley had other plans.

As the camera panned up, his boot was the first thing seen, the bottom of the wooden flag pole holding his SKZOO flag next to it. Quickly the shot moves along the rest of his body before moving outwards slightly, allowing for a full body shot of the boy.

Riley is stood atop the chair, instead of sat in it. He's holding a small shield in his right hand, his flag in his left hand, both hands are covered in woolen, finger-less gloves. Their colour matches his thick hoodie which is made up of a patchwork of pastel blues. His trousers are dark blue, almost black and are tucked into his boots. His head is tilted back but what curly black hair is still visible is stark against the white snowy background.

[Rilarryn]

Riley is stood between Felix and the throne during the opening of the show. While the rest of the members begin to start the episode, Riley spends his time trying to thread his flag pole in between the details of the chair. It takes a few tries, but he is successful at his task by the time the rest of his team are using their flags to poke Hyunjin and get him out of the seat. Changbin steals it almost instantly but amongst the chaos Riley stands proud at his creation.

The flag falls out two seconds later when Bang Chan tips the throne backwards in an attempt to force Changbin off it, Riley's distress is given a quick sad audio and captioned appropriately:

[ㅜnㅜ]

The first game involved running up the nearby snow covered hill, grabbing a flag, running back down and sticking it in the ground. Fastest time wins. Easy if the other members weren't trying to stop whoever was running by any means possible. Snowball to the face? Yes. Sitting on the finish line? Also yes.

While the others had their turns racing to get the small flag, Riley threw snow at them (ineffective), stood with as wide a stance as he could to block their path (mildly effective) and added to the ever increasing pile of members lying on the finish line to block the flag being placed down (the most effective).

During Lee Know's turn however, he did not move an inch while the others followed him up the hill. So when the dancer came charging, armed with the sharp end of the flag stick, all Riley did was stare him down, forcing Lee Know's time to increase a few seconds as he sidestepped the older boy.

Riley ended up going second to last, the only other person left after him being Bang Chan.

He had a decent pace running up the hill and right as Riley was about to grab the flag, Bang Chan whispered into his microphone, "Riley-ah."

[?]

Riley snatched up the flag–

[!]

– and spun around to face the group in a split second.

[I heard that]

Riley took a second to take in where his members were spread on the hill before sprinting as fast as he could straight through the middle, weaving around Felix and Changbin and dodging the snow being thrown by some of the others.

[Reflexes of a tiger]

Instead of trying to dig through the pile of people at the finishing marker, Riley directed his focus on Bang Chan, who hadn't moved since Riley's turn had started.

As soon as he saw the look on the older boys face, Bang Chan's smile dropped–

[( ゚ Д゚) ]

– and he started to run away from Riley, the two of them running off camera before turning around and beginning to run in circles around where the other members regrouped at the base of the hill, all of them laughing, some hard enough to drop to the floor.

When Riley caught up to Bang Chan, he pulled him in by the shoulders, stuck his leader in a weak headlock and started to mime, sticking the flag to his head shouting, "DONE, DONE, DONE," both boys smiling as he did.

[Revenge]

[43.52]

[Break time waiting for Changbin]

While waiting for Changbin to get ready for the sled ride game, the members messed around at the bottom of the hill. Lee Know dragged Hyunjin around the flat ground on a spare sled as I.N got smothered by Seungmin and Felix. Off to the side, Bang Chan was observing them and even further behind the leader, Riley was squating, looking at something in the grass that was peaking through the snow near the fence line.

As the group began the second game, Bang Chan picking the order, Riley laughed along with the others as each member split their water and tumbled around in their sleds, and gave Han a few sympathy head pats each time the younger wasn't chosen to have a go.

After Hyunjin spent his turn soaking himself with the water in his pitcher, Riley was chosen. He offered Han another sympathetic pat on the head, before using said head to help himself get out of the inflatable sled he was sitting in, letting out a classic pained grandpa groan as he moved.

"Don't hurt your back!"

"Yah Seungmin-ah! You're grounded"

Finally at the top of the hill, Riley sat in his sled, carefully holding the jug of water with both hands, the rope to steer it abandoned and tucked underneath him.

"He's going to break something," Hyunjin said, laughing slightly as they watched the older boy get ready to go down the hill.

"Himself" – "Himself" – "Himself" Lee Know,Changbin and I.N said simultaneously, all of them with their eyes locked on Riley.

[Predictable 100%]

- Comments -

@goeatsomefruit:
Do you think Riley actually heard Bang Chan or did he just turn around at the right time and see his face?
>@skzconcerttickets_agenda:
   I want to say the first option, but 100% it was the second

@stanskzforclearskin:
The sibling vibes this episode were just 🤌

@tigerlyskzoo:
Loved it, cant wait for next week when we get to watch riley beef it with the sled

@rileybubbleupdates:
Oh my Chan, this is where the photo of that bug Riley sent on bubble came from

@rileyscoffee:
The way his face dropped when his flag got knocked out of the chair 🥺🥺🥺

@mydogiscuterthanyours:
Riley really just went- 🧍 when leeknow chose violence with that flag