Violet embers

She hadn't really cared much for whatever mission they were given, sure the d-ranks were time consuming and weren't all that complicated, more so chores to her than actual jobs, but they were nice. Typically they weren't very hard, except babysitting, that was… horrific, sometimes. It never put them in mortal danger, simple, small things that were easy to do for some money. Money she needed for rent, and food, and clothes, and bills.
Apparently she was the only one who thought like this.
She could understand why Naruto was frustrated, she understood why Sasuke was frustrated and why Sakura was frustrated, but did it mean Naruto had to have a…. tantrum? She could understand voicing one's emotions, even if she never got to, but did he have to shout? 
She stood as far as she could from him, as much as she could when she still wanted to stay with her team, that is. Practically hiding behind Kakashi as he read his book.
The noise and the shrill sound of arguing was giving her a migraine, she honestly hated how sensitive her hearing was. It wasn't fun. She tugged on Kakashi's vest, signing "noise" to him when he turned to look at her.

Kakashi nodded and sighed, "I know." He mumbled, looking up at the rest of his students. "Naruto, watch your volume," Kakashi chided lightly, giving the blond an eye smile.

The blond turned on him, whipping around so fast Aki heard a small pop in his neck that had her slightly concerned, to scowl at their teacher. "No! We've had lots of chores! I want an actual mission!" He waved his arms around, crossing them to try and get his point across and grinding his teeth together.
Kakashi sighed, "Naruto, you can't just demand missions from the Hokage, at least lower your voice." He reasoned, sounding disinterested. The Hokage was suspiciously quiet, Aki peaked around her teacher to peer curiously at the old man, tilting her head at the amusement she could smell from him.

"You want a harder mission do you?"

"Yeah!"

"I mean… I hate to agree with Naruto, but I think we're getting bored of the d-rank missions," Sakura agreed quietly, bashfully. And Aki blinked at her in surprise. Sakura hardly ever agreed with Naruto, only once in a blue moon.

"Hm, alright then, a harder mission you shall get," the Hokage smiled kindly, an amused glint in his old eyes that had Aki unsure.
Naruto lit up and Aki could see Sasuke smirk, and Sakura smiled, Kakashi sighed and Aki felt his sentiment. At least it got Naruto to stop shouting.
"Yeah! Yeah! What're we gonna do?! Guard a princess? Escort a king across the country!?"
He went right back to shouting, Aki sighed in disappointment, her ears ringing.

"You'll be doing an escort mission," the Hokage stroked his beard, but Aki couldn't miss the amusement in his voice and she looked at the door. The scent that had been wafting from behind it had grown stronger. Strong, pungent and awfully sweet smelling, it left her nauseous and her nose scrunched up. The sound of stumbling, uneven steps, hiccuping and the gulping of a beverage followed.
"Send him in!"

The Hokage shouted and after a pause, mumbled words and the door slid open. An old man walked in, a bottle of Sake in hand and his face was flushed, no doubt drunk. He raised his eyebrows in surprise, blurry eyes looking over them in puzzled disgruntlement, the smell of building materials, sweat, alcohol and salt water mixing and assaulting her nose, none were pleasant smells and none were pleasant mixed together.
"That's it? These little snot nosed brats?" He sneered and his tone had Aki flinching, moving to the side of Kakashi to try and hide. He looked at her curiously, but didn't say anything. A soothing rumble spread across her body, setting her anxiety at ease for the moment.
The man rolled his eyes.
"These kids are guarding me? They don't even look old enough to be in middle school! Especially the short one."
He grumbled at the end, eyes flitting to Naruto briefly, who laughed, before pausing. Seeming to mentally compare heights of everyone, before his scent turned sour with annoyance and his heart rate picked up and he lunged at the bridge builder, Kakashi catching him.
"Hey! Old man! I'll clobber you! I'll beat you into the ground!" He hollered and Kakashi sighed, put upon.
Aki moved up and grabbed Naruto in a bear hug from behind, walking a few steps away and lifting him off his feet easily, he fought to get out, snarling insults at the man as Aki held onto him calmly, briefly struggling when he wiggled.