Training

Aki's head tilted as she watched curiously as she paced. The boys were struggling on the small pond by the bridge, trying to walk on water.

Sasuke, despite only being visually ticked off, smelled disappointed and angry that he couldn't get it as fast as Sakura, who was prancing around on top of the water completely dry.
Naruto at this point was just having fun splashing in the water whenever he fell and his face lighting up in both glee and annoyance.
Aki was walking around, not as steadily as Sakura was, but she was getting there.
Kakashi was on the shore, on his back with his legs crossed and his book in hand, interested in the book, but still watching over his genin.

It had been a week since they got back to the village, they were given a week break by their sensei and Hokage and had just started up team training again.

She sighed, watching Naruto fall in for the umpteenth time. She walked over, eyeing Sasuke warily as she passed.
She whistled for his attention, grabbing Naruto above his elbows gently. He turned and blinked at her, before grinning, bright and wide and it made her a little more comfortable.
"What's up, Aki!"
He exclaimed, looking at her with his eyes open for once, and she huffed.

"Focus,"
She signed slowly, waiting for Naruto to understand and he huffed.

"I don't know what ya' saying,"
He grumbled and Aki sighed, giving him a look. She would've thought he'd learn some signs, or at least signals.

She looked over and whistled, grabbing Sakura's attention, and Aki waved. Immediately Sakura came over, steps quick and hurried as she started to work on actually running on the water.
"Yeah, what is it, Aki?"

"Talk?"

Sakura nodded, understanding what Aki meant, she focused intently on Aki's hands.
"Aki's saying: focus, Naruto. It's like tree... walking... feeling for shifts in the water and waiting to see what you nee to do... and how to shift your Chakra."
Sakura had to pause a few times to fill in the gaps that Aki couldn't sign.
She laughed quietly when Aki signed again and she looked at Sasuke.
"That goes for you too, Sasuke-kun-!"
Sakura chirped, cheeks blushing. Sasuke looked away, a blush coming to his cheeks based on the heat radiating from his face.

Aki takes a step back and nods, waving to Naruto as Sakura bumps her hip against Aki and takes her hand.
"C'mon, Aki, I'm gonna help you get started on running!"
She turned and grinned at Aki and Aki grinned back, trotting along happily, if carefully.

They ended up racing each other a few times, with Aki sprinting on the water, trying to catch up to Sakura with a joyful glint in her eye.

<->
Aki had been in the library -the books smell nice- when a certain cover had caught her interest.
It was a dull purple, like dying lavender, or the colour of a just healing bruise, it's binding was black and the pages smelled a little older than some of the other books. It smelled dustier too.
Aki set down the book she was reading, some sort of history book, and carefully pulled out the purple boo look from the shelf.
She flipped it so the front cover faced her and she read over it quickly, before she blinked.

Poisons, remedies and cures.
That sounded fun.
This was something Sakura might be into. Maybe. Hopefully.
Aki hummed and put the book down, putting away the history book that she wasn't all that interested in, she decided to snoop around a little more in this section.
It almost seemed a bit... forgotten in a way.
She found two more books.

All were made by the same person, a Shinobi most likely. Aki hummed, piling the books on top of each other and started making her way to the till.
Until she stopped, a small tug in her gut making her pause.
She blinked and turned to her left, eyes finding another book, black and grey and she stared at it.
"It will interest you. But it"
The voice chimed and that was all Aki needed. She picked up the book and put it on her pile and walked back to the till.