Him

Baby?? I'm here
What ? What do you mean your here ?

     'What do you mean 'what do you mean your here'', he thought to himself. He'd been waiting all day for her to wake up and text him to come over, it's simply the only day they can hang out this week. Leo was sat in his car, light music over the stereo, and he looked a mess. He may have had on a good outfit along with brushed, clean hair, but in his face it was obvious that his sleeping issue had gotten worse. Taking his hand off of his head, he begins to text Abigail back.

I tried to call you but you ignored me. It's almost 2 pm and you know I have to leave your house before it gets too dark.

     He sighed heavily. He waited for a few seconds, his hand returning to his head as he began to remember the conversation that occurred with his mother right before he left. Tears welled up in his eyes, threatening to spill over. 'How could I ever get her to understand Abigail's issues, or even her life for the matter?' He questioned to himself.

"You're driving over there again ? I hope you're making her pay for your gas money at this point."
"No mom. She works hard for her money, she just can't make the drive over here every week because she's just too tired."
"Too tired ? Sure she is. I bet you're pretty tired too, having to deal with her issues for the past year. I'm still surprised you're still with her."
"Mom! Not everyone lives the same life. She has a right to be tired. Why do you always do this ?"

     A Snapchat notification brought him out of his daydream, or 'day nightmare' more similarly. He sniffled and wiped his eyes clear of the tears which had still refused to fall from his eyes and relieve him of the knot in his throat. "

Shit. I'm sorry, I overslept pretty bad. I just need to throw some clothes on but you can just invite yourself in.

     "Maybe my mom is right", he thought to himself. The thought quickly fades and the feeling of shame follows soon after. He realized what he said and continued to think of his relationship with the poor, over exhausted girl in the house in front of him. He wanted to scream. He wanted to go home. He stared at her house through his car window and put his hand on the gear shift. For a second the world stood still, but as the air continued to blow through the air it slowly came back. He removed his hand. The song on his stereo echoed throughout his mind 'bite tongue, deep breaths.' With one last sigh, he picks up his phone and begins to type, yet again.

It's alright, Abigail, I know you've been working hard. You don't need to get dressed, I'll come in and you can get some more rest.

He walked quickly to her front door, afraid of what his brain would imagine if he had even a second more of silence. The sound of his feet hitting the rocky gravel driveway could be heard throughout his mind. The door opened quickly, and no one else but Abigail seemed to be in the house. Her room was fairly close to the front door so it was only a few seconds of walking before he would have to face the poor girl. His heart began to beat faster and the short walk seemed miles long inside his mind. The built up stress showed heavily on his face, mostly in his eyes. Any passerby could easily detect a sense of panic and distress inside his brain, and he simply hoped for her to be too tired to see it. His stereo may have been turned off, but it continued to play inside of his brain. 'Deep breaths.'

     The door opened with ease, and there she was. Laying down in her worn down bed with her signature dim blue lighting coming from her led lights. The room seemed destroyed, full of clothes and old food that had been forgotten about and discarded. Oh, but her face. She looked at him lovingly, trustingly. "Hey baby." He said with the most loving expression he could muster at the time. Her crinkled, stressed expression began to fade and a simple smile appeared as he began to walk to the bed. "Jeans, really ?"

     He let out a sigh, but quickly faded into a chuckle as he realized the differences between the two. His jeans pressing up against her smooth skin, his rough hands gliding throughout her messy hair. The sweet smell of her perfume still wafting throughout the air. Her room seemed to calm him, aswell as concern him. He softened his shoulders and allowed her to take down his guard, as she always did. Her eyes fluttered shut, but the silence that attacked his ears gave him room to reflect. 'how could I be so stupid ?', 'why am I at her house again?', 'how does she sleep so easily ?'. So many thoughts came through his mind and his face changed from a relaxed smile to a straight faced, tense expression.

     Seconds turned into minutes, and minutes into hours. He couldn't sleep. After all, a few hours of sleep could change everything.