Chapter 1

"What?" I automatically removed my cellular phone from my ear. Paige, my personal secretary slash best friend slash confidante almost broke my eardrum. I can imagine her throwing her hands in the air in disgust as she screamed over the phone. I roll my eyes in aggravation.

"Are you out of your freaking mind?" She continues.

"Of course not!" I snap.

"Eh ano pala ang tawag sa pinapagawa mo sa akin ngayon?"

"Paige, I was running out of time." I told her with a trace of annoyance in my voice.

"Eve Francheska Claire de Alonzo, you don't know what you're getting yourself into." I expelled a heavy breath. She keeps on preaching me about the pros and cons of my decision when I'm not paying attention at all. My mind was busy calculating how much time left for me to complete the requirements.

"Wait, I need to hang up now. I have to fix some things here. We are not done yet. We'll talk real soon." And the line went dead. Paige hang up on me just like that?

I stared on my cell phone inattentively before I rushed on my feet going to my room. I reached for drawer and read again my parent's last will and testament.

"III. To my beloved and only daughter who've been the source of my great joy and happiness and fulfilled my dream of fathering a pretty lady which my whole family adores; Eve Francheska Claire de Alonzo, I give and bequeath the following properties to wit: All tangible personal property owned by me at the time of my death, including without limitation personal effects, clothing, jewelry, furniture, furnishings, household goods, automobiles and other vehicles, and all rights that I have under any related insurance policies.

I give, devise and bequeath all the rest, residue and remainder of my property and estate, both real and personal, of whatever kind and wherever located, that I own or to which I shall be in any manner entitled at the time of my death (collectively referred to as my residuary estate"), as follows:

I skipped list of properties that my parent's left me. My eyes immediately scanned the conditions written at the last paragraph, before all of the above mentioned properties would become legally mine;

"I shall add that the properties would only be legally transferred to my daughter provided she acts and obey in accordance with the following conditions:

3.1. She must conceive and give birth to a baby girl in addition to family's female races not long before she turned twenty-three of age or six months after I died.

3.2 The father of my granddaughter should acquire strong character both in the field of manifestation and emotional stability. Therefore he must be:

*3.2.1 from dignified and decent family.

*3.2.2 Earned degree from any field of his specialization.

*3.2.3 Graduated from a reputable university.

*3.2.4 Established himself on his specialization and must have an income of not less than five hundred thousand per annum.

*3.2.5 Strong- willed man that has the capacity to tame a hard-headed young woman who literally knows nothing at all.

I suppressed a bitter laugh. Thanks to that compliment Dad.

But I found myself wiping my tears dry after reading the paper. He was right. I literally knew nothing at all. Ultimo paglalaba ng panty ko inaasa ko sa mga househelp namin. What can I say? Lumaki ako na maraming yaya kasi ayaw nilang madapuan ako ng langaw o ng anupamang insekto sa paligid ko. I grew up with multiple silver spoons in my mouth. I love my mommy and my daddy. But their tragic death caused me unbearable pain and fear. Though my Uncles and cousins were very supportive, they lent me help all the way from my parents' funeral and even in handling our numerous businesses. This was one of the instances that I wished I had other siblings to lean on. I crumpled the paper in my hand as words haunted me.

Conceived and gave birth to a baby girl? How on earth should I do that?