A new start

Continuation of the previous chapter.
The next day .
Both Tejo and Fateh got ready in their respective houses.

TEJO's POV
She looked at the mirror
TEJO: Am I looking good today ? I really hope he likes me .
I mean it's been a long time since I met a groom .
Even though I am having a good job and everything.
I really don't want to be a burden on my family.
They showered me unconditional love but in return I gave them only sorrow.
Shruti is waiting to get married only because of me .
Last time when my engagement was called off , they faced a huge humiliation that even till today neighbours and relatives are taunting about that.
They even say I will never get married because of that .
But I have a little hope left .
Even though I lost my interest in relationships , I have to try my level best to make them happy.
If getting me married and settled makes them happy , so be it .
She left her room with a positive hope .

On the other side.
FATEH's POV
He woke up little late as he went to party with his old friends yesterday so he is already getting late for his meeting with Tejo .

FATEH: Oh god Bohot late hogaya yaar.
That girl won't leave without meeting na . This one is important.
It's true that the rumours are increasing about me .
That I am a Playboy, Womaniser, Cheater and abuser.
But none of it is true . But at the end who will believe me ?
Just because I said I don't want commitment, how can defame me like that . And those feminists sitting on Twitter are trolling me left right and centre .
The day is not so far that all this will affect my career .
Then Dad will taunt me again for being an actor when he wanted me to complete MBA and join his business.
May be I should just say okay to this girl .
Not because I like her , but to prove that I can't love any girl .I can't provide her anything, so she will just be fed up and leave me .
And living with a divorcee image is better than a Playboy image .
I hope this girl just says okay to this marriage.

Rajesh has already sent the table booking details of the restaurant to both of them .
They both were reaching there .

FATEH got a video call.
ELAHI : Good morning Fateh !!
FATEH: Hey Elahi ! What's up?
ELAHI: Why are you sounding so chilled out ? You didn't see the ratings?
FATEH: Naah I woke up late and hurried outside. Kya hua ?
ELAHI: Yaar Fateh 1.9 se 1.5 aagaya yaar
FATEH: What can we do yaar ? Our current track sucks .
We have to blame the writer.
ELAHI: Not only the writer , we have to blame ourselves as well . Jab se hum offscreen pics share karna band kar Diya ,jabse the ratings are reducing
FATEH: Elahi are u mad or what ? TRP audience are different, they don't even want to know about our SM .
ELAHI: Even our show's online engagement rate is reduced . Literally people stopped talking about us .

FATEH: Achi baat haina ? Atleast the dating rumours stopped . Good for us
ELAHI: But not good for the show yaar . We need to shoot new reels and pics ASAP . Aaj off haina we can do it today ?
FATEH : Actually I am not at home. I have to meet someone.
So I will call you later Okay ? Bye !
ELAHI: Did he just cut my call ??? How dare he is ?

Downtown restaurant .
TEJO already reached there 15 mins before him and sat in her booked table .
She was feeling extremely nervous and was rubbing her hands together.

FATEH reached there and looked his phone to see the table number and searched for it .
There it is !! Okay so she is the girl .
Wait a minute. Is she Tejo ??
She looks like her .

Tejo was dressed in a half white kurti and wore some oxidised jewels and let her hair free without tying.
Her eyes had some kohl and she wore a nude shaded lipstick with minimal makeup .
But she looked ethereal in that restaurant lighting, her front fair softly brushing her face . Her eyes were focused on her phone .

He was just looking at her awestruck.
She didn't look like this that day .
May be I am misunderstanding someone else as her .
Let me go closer and check .

Tejo heard some footsteps approaching and looked up .
TEJO : Tum !!!
FATEH: So it's you again !!!
TEJO: How did u come here ?
FATEH: Oh madam you are sitting in my table . It's already pre booked .
Don't you know? Go sit somewhere else.
TEJO: Ohhh godd !!
I cannot believe Rajesh sir asked me to meet his rude son .
FATEH: Wth !! So you are that girl ?
What is wrong with my dad ? Did you ask him to meet me ?
TEJO: No way ! Why would I even do that ?

That's when they saw the whole people in the restaurant were looking at them wierdly.
FATEH realised it and sat down in opposite cushion.

FATEH: See the whole restaurant is looking at us . Let's calm down and talk like mature people .
TEJO : Mature ?? You ??
FATEH : See maybe we both are not lying.
It's all dad's plan to make us marry .
TEJO : But how did he even think that I will like someone like you ?
FATEH: What do you mean ? Girls are going crazy seeing me .
TEJO: But why did you even agree to your Dad's plan ? You are already dating Elahi na ?
FATEH: No she is just a friend.
TEJO: Aur kitni ladkiyon tumne cheat Kiya ? Even today I read an article about you that you cheated on your co-star.

FATEH: See believe whatever you want but it's not true .
I have never cheated on anyone , I was just being honest with them regarding my feelings
He said it with sincerity in his eyes .

TEJO: But why are you even saying all this to me . I am not your type and you are not my type.
FATEH: Why do you think so ?
TEJO: I want someone who will understand me and my profession and don't look down upon me .
And I come from a middle class family and I don't think I will ever fit in your lifestyle.

FATEH : See I understand. But Dad really wants me to get married.
Even I think that it's good for me to do so. These rumours will finish my career.
TEJO: But you disliked me so much . Now Why would you even marry me ?
For selfish reasons ?
FATEH: I am not talking about marriage. Let's first date eachother and slowly progress.
TEJO: May be I will take some time to decide .

FATEH caught her hand suddenly and looked into her eyes .
FATEH: See Dad has always seen you as his own daughter.
He always praised you infront of us and even gave you full credit for your innovative ideas . Who does that in this world ?
If he really wants you as his daughter in law , I would like to fulfill that wish for him . I will marry you.

TEJO was completely shocked . She didn't know how to react .
Her face started turning red because no guy has ever asked her out in the first meeting .

TEJO: See I think you are rushing it too much . We don't even know each other yet .
And you called me ugly yesterday and you are asking me out today .
Don't do this for your father .
I 'll talk to him .
FATEH: It's not for my father . Even I want to date a simple talented girl who is away from all this limelight.
All this while I dated good-looking people with black hearts who loved me for my money and luxury.
So looks doesn't really matter to me .
I was just irritated so I called you ugly . I am really sorry for that .
But you are looking so gorgeous.

TEJO : It's okay . She smiled a little bit .
FATEH was feeling so happy seeing her smile . But don't know why he felt so .
They both ate in silence and left the restaurant.

FATEH : So ?? Tomorrow evening? Movie date ? Just give it a try .
TEJO : Let me just check my schedule and I will text you .
Her cab came to the entrance.
FATEH opened the door like a gentleman.
TEJO: Bye Fateh ! She gave him a warm smile .

He smiled back and stood there watching that cab disappear.

FATEH's POV
I don't know how to feel . Am I playing with her feelings for my selfish motives ?
Because I said all those words just to convince her of this thing.
I am a very good actor who can deliver dialogues looking eye to eye .
I want to prove Dad wrong this time. His choice will not be always right.
When his favourite daughter leaves him , he will never bring this marriage topic again.
And he will also realise why I am against marriage.

I just hope Tejo gets bored of me soon and leaves me without hurting her own feelings.

On the other side
TEJO was content and happy.
TEJO's POV
Maybe I should give him a chance and give myself a chance to feel happy and secure .
Maybe this will end my family's misery too .
All those taunts and teasings will stop .
I really hope so...

Author's message

Okay :) So this chapter is a long one...
I typed this one inspite of my busy schedule because you guys are motivating me to do so 🙏🏻
Thanks for all your love 😘❤️
Next update will take some time 🤧🥲
But I make sure I update atleast 1 by the end of this week .
Thanks for reading 😊