̶(̶ ̶85 ̶)̶

D R A G O N S T O N E

𝓡𝓱𝓪𝓮𝓷𝓪 𝓣𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓪𝓻𝔂𝓮𝓷 𝓪𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓯𝓮𝓵𝓽 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓼𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓼𝓷'𝓽 𝓰𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓮𝓷𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱.

No matter what she did, no matter what she said, she always felt like she was a disappointment to her father, who always seemed to favor Baela.

She wasn't as rebellious as Baela, as smart, or what seemed worst of all, she wasn't a dragon rider. She had tried, she had hoped, and she had failed.

When she had decided to go to Dragonstone with Aemma and Addam, she had done so with one purpose. She finally wanted to make her father proud. She wanted to prove to him that she was worthy of being his daughter. Cannibal was still without a rider and she had finally wanted to prove herself useful. But time passed and Cannibal had not appeared.

Nevertheless, she waited and this time it was another evening like that. She sat down with a bottle of water and bread that she had stolen from the kitchen. And waited. Waited and waited until her eyes closed and she was woken from her sleep.

She flinched in fright and jumped up, only to be disappointed to see not Cannibal but Seasmoke looking directly at her. Rhaena raised her eyebrow in surprise and her gaze went to Addam, who looked less than thrilled when he spotted her.

"Rhaena?" he hissed. "What are you doing here?"

Rhaena raised an eyebrow. "The better question is what are you doing," she replied, pointing out the obvious. "Where do you want to go?"

"Riding."

"In the middle of the night?" she asked suspiciously, crossing her arms in front of each other. "I may be blonde, but I'm not stupid. Tell me now what you're going to do."

Addam grimaced. "I can't."

Well, that looked like it was going to be a fun conversation.

"Why? You have a tongue, vocal cords and lips. You should be able to speak perfectly and you don't suddenly seem retarded either."