̶ (̶ ̶88 ̶)̶

22th day of the 10th moon of 130 AC

D R A G O N S T O N E

Aemma felt her heart stop as her mother was brought into the great hall, followed by her brothers

She saw her look, the fear in it but also the determination.

Aemma, on the other hand, only felt panic.

She took a step forward, or rather stumbled, and was pulled back by Ser Arryk. His grip on her arm was firm but gentle. She could feel him taking pity on her. He couldn't even look at her.

Her mother strode into the hall, head held high, while Aegon, followed by Alicent, limped to the throne of Dragenstone and sat down on it, panting.  Alicent stood beside him and gave Aemma a quick glance before looking back at Rhaenyra.

She saw Alicent again for the first time today. Aemma wondered how she could even look her in the eye after what she had done.

Behind Rhaenyra, Jacaerys and Aegon were dragged forward.

"Dear brother. I had hoped that you were dead."

A smile appeared on Aegon's face. A mirthless smile.

"After you. You are the elder."

"I am pleased to know that you remember that. It would seem we are your prisoners ... but do not think that you will hold us long. My leal lords will find me."

"If they search the seven hells, mayhaps."

This time, Rhaenyra returned the smile, but only for a brief moment. Her gaze slid to Aemma and her sad eyes gave her a stab in her heart.

"Mom," she breathed, returning her gaze in agony. She hoped her fever from the infected wound on her back was playing tricks on her, but the situation was real. Her family stood before her. Her mother, whom she had not seen for weeks and whom she had needed more than anyone else in the last few days. Her gaze went back to Aegon, behind whom Sunfrye stood. Sunfrye had come to them through the gaping hole in the wall, an overlead from the attack on Dragonstone. Sunfrye was in a pitiful state and was covering her wounds. She had heard about the fight with Baela. The dragon looks more dead than alive.