Chapter 5.4: First Glimpse Through The Gate (*nothing changed)

*Author Note: No storyline changed.

Tang Ya softly said, "Thanks."

Bei Bei couldn't help but laugh as he said, "Just what's gotten into you? Normally, you'd never say thanks to me. Could it be because of my junior brother? I won't stand for a rival in love."

Tang Ya punched him unhappily and said, "You know what I'm thanking you for, stop acting stupid."

Bei Bei gently moved his arm, leisurely pulling Tang Ya into his embrace. "Xiao Ya, I'll admit it. The reason that I agreed to join the Tang Sect in the first place was because I'd fallen for you, because I fell in love at first sight. But as I cultivated the Tang Sect's techniques, I realized more and more just how deep our Tang Sect is. Although the Tang Sect has declined, wouldn't it be interesting if we were able to redevelop it, and bring it to great heights? Therefore, I'm already not just doing things for the Tang Sect solely because of you, but also because of the Tang Sect in and of itself."

Tang Ya blinked her large eyes and said, "Does that mean that you'll still work hard for the future of the Tang Sect, even if I don't like you?"

Bei Bei's expression immediately changed as he spoke with a slightly exasperated tone, "Be a bit more normal please."

"Heehee." Tang Ya smiled. "I just love seeing you reveal your true colors. You normally have such a dignified look, aren't you tired of it?"

Bei Bei flicked her forehead. "That's called being civilized. Don't think that everyone's like you! You're always revealing your thoughts on your face."

Tang Ya grabbed his wrist and spoke with a wronged expression, "I'm not allowing you to flick my forehead anymore, this is offending your teacher. Right, do you think that little Yuhao will be able to last at the academy?"

Bei Bei shook his head and said, "It's hard to say; it'll depend on his will. All I can say is that, if he can really manage to last there, and stay for the full twelve years, then his future accomplishments might be even higher than mine."

Tang Ya was startled. "I didn't think that you'd have such a high evaluation of him."

Bei Bei smiled slightly and replied, "My junior brother's mutated martial soul is extraordinary. You'll understand when I give you an example. There's already been a slight difference between the first and second time that he used his Spiritual Detection Sharing. This means that his mastery of the skill isn't that high, yet it's already amplified our powers by an enormous amount. Furthermore, if what he's said is true, it seems that this skill can still evolve. If his future soul skills are all like this, he'll definitely reach the pinnacle of mental control system soul masters."

Tang Ya said. "It's just that, his self-defense skills are lacking. It'll remain like until he reaches a certain level of cultivation, too."

Bei Bei replied, "No, you're wrong. He won't need to protect himself, because, even if he merely has the skill that he just used, he's destined to have no lack of companions beside him."

Huo Yuhao's cultivation period lasted even longer than Tang Ya and Bei Bei expected. His cultivation unexpectedly lasted all the way until noon. During this period of time, Bei Bei went over to him a few times to check on the circulation paths of the Mysterious Heaven Technique, which he found to have no deviations at all. It could be said that Huo Yuhao had truly entered the Tang Sect after his cultivation this time.

After Huo Yuhao awakened from his cultivation, he ate some food. Then, the three of them headed towards the east.

The majority of the Great Star Dou Forest lay within the territory of the Star Luo Empire, only a small portion of it lay within the Tian Hun Empire. On the other hand, Shrek Academy was located to the northeast of the Great Star Dou Forest, so the distance between the two wasn't considered too far.