𝟢𝟦 | 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐

The days went by like water after Calista had offered to people from all the first eight districts everything that had remained from the last supplies she had brought two weeks ago. She was sitting on the swing she had fallen in love with immediately when she saw it. It was hanging on a tall and strong tree, where she used to sit under, alone, and clear her mind. However, the dead flowers were still there pointing out that no matter how calm her life could be there would always be darkness.

In her hands, she was holding an old book they had found back in the districts which talked about the world's history. Calista loved knowledge and she never had the opportunity to go to school or even college. She drank every letter from every page like a glass of fresh water. More and more hours passed, until the moon and the stars were the only light Calista had. The book was big and every page was full of sentences that described the ups and downs the world had.

She was wearing the coat Coriolanus had given her. The warm fury didn't allow the cold breeze to enter her pale skin and make her shiver. As she played with the fury, her mind traveled back to the day he had made that generous move. She never saw him since then as she hadn't visited the Capitol again. His blue eyes were locked with hers as he passed the coat to Calista, but there was no sign of emotion on his face. It only looked cold and long-suffering. As notorious as his family's name was also the fact that they barely had money for food.

Does he live under the circumstances we do? Calista wondered.

For a moment she felt sympathy for him and it caused her chest to burn— in a good way —. There were actually people living in such a wealthy city who still suffered from poverty. She played again and again in her mind the small interaction they had, trying to find at least one clue of feelings, but the only thing that had stuck in the back of her head was the icy eyes and the small smile after she had accepted his little "offer".

He was handsome, in a way no one was these days. Blonde hair, with ocean blue eyes, was a combination that could make every teenage— or adult — girl fall for. His face was thin, and the bones of his jaw exposed as if he was a God— or only in Calista's eyes maybe was — who had just arrived on earth from Olympus to prove to her that there were more people, closer to her age, who could truly understand what she was going through. Small, cute curls were falling on his forehead, turning into a completely gold shade under the sun.

Most importantly though it was the fact that she saw herself in a boy's body. Her features were the same as his. Her small curls, hanging at the end of her hair, were his that were hanging on his forehead. His exposed jawbones were hers because of hunger. Her warm, lovable blue eyes were his icy and sharp eyes. His face, his eyes, and his smile were stuck on her head.

Maybe it was because she had never had the opportunity to meet a handsome man so it felt strange meeting one for the first time, or she just actually found the infamous Coriolanus Snow attractive. However, he had a reputation and she couldn't let herself fall for a Capitol guy anyway.