The metal run

Jake's POV
The next day I woke up early I decided to go help the metal run i went over and saw Ava packing up a stegosaurus. "Ava how's it going"  "oh hey Jake what are you doing here" she asked, I answered with "I was wondering if I could go on the metal run with you guys" "sure what made you want to go" I tried to explain "well I just wanted to" we talked for a bit more and then I ran to saddle up swift. About an half an hour later we met up it the rest of the crew and set off. We walked for a little while with minimal encounters with dangerous creatures and the one that did attack us swift and I took care of. Eventually we got the the metal place, it was the base of what looked like a volcano we had the ankys smash the rocks and put the metal in the stego wagons and some into the saddle bags of the ankys. Only after we loaded the metal we saw the menacing figure of a Rex running our way. I pulled out my pistol and some others grabbed their rifles and we shot it but it's hide was thick and it did little damage. We kept shooting until we ran low on ammo, some of the people on the stegos ran in front and started to hit the Rex with the spiked tail of the stego swift and I decided to go beside the Rex and attacking it's leg. swift ran to its leg and bit down as hard as he could the Rex roared in pain as it fell from the stegos spiked tail and from swift biting it. It was unconscious, the others wanted to kill it but I said no I went and killed some dodos and slowly gave it to the Rex. After a while the Rex woke up everyone feared it was going to attack them again but it didn't it submitted to what it saw as the stronger creatures. Ava was freaking out "so this means that the Rex is ours" I answer with a simple "yes". We made our way back and when people saw us with a Rex at first they were scared but soon they saw it wasn't going to hurt them. I walked over to Dakarai to ask if he could build a stable for him "Jake you are a fool but that's part of the reason why you are the leader" I responded with "I don't know if I should be offended or proud" he laughed at that I walked over to Lucas but before I could say anything Lucas yelled out to me "Jake what the hell I sent them on a metal run, you out of nowhere joined em and came back with a damn T. Rex" "yep that about it" he threw his hand up and said "imma give up on trying to get you" I walked over to the Rex that was now laying in a small opening of grass and begin to pet it, Ava walk up to us fast and said "you look at me weird went I pet a saber tooth but your over here petting something that eat saber tooth tigers for breakfast" I laughed and said "I'll never do that again hahaha". we were interrupted by a visitor from the howling wolves fly down on an argenavis he hopped off and he walked past the Rex like it was nothing "chief Jake how are you today" he asked nonchalantly "no one ever called me chief before but I guess I'm doing good, what's going on" the member of the howling wolves gave us a warning "there is a tribe attacking other tribes and stealing there recourses, they call themselves the tribe of phoenix resurrection I would be careful about going out, there flag is that of a phoenix surrounded by flame I must return to my village but trade will now be from the air as of right now we fear the ground is not safe" I was shocked by the news I asked Dakarai to help build more defenses. But to be perfectly honest I'm frightened by the phoenix resurrection tribe but everything should be fine right?