"Thoughts"

Zander's house, 9 P.M.

He was sitting on his bed, in deep thought. He felt so conflicted about something. Zander just sighed and layed down, staring at the ceiling. He wondered if he should tell his step-sister about the interaction and his feelings or not. His mind was filled with thoughts about what happened. He was thinking if what he was feeling right now was real or not. Everything felt so confusing as his mind kept questioning this same thing. He also felt guilty about Luke, he was his boyfriend after all. But still, he could not take his mind off of what had just happened earlier in the day. He then thought about Drew, seemingly confused. Should he tell Hailey about it? Should he? This whole encounter, and his feelings are so confusing and overwhelming. Time seemed to slow down the more he thought about it. An overwhelming eternity of the memory replaying in his mind made him frustrated. It felt like he was dreaming and it was all too good to be true. The kiss itself felt like it was meant to happen. It felt like it had been written in the stars for a long time now. It felt very romantic and a sudden flash of butterflies ran through his stomach and he suddenly snapped back to reality. His heart still continued to beat really fast and really hard. Zander got up from his bed, opening his bedroom door and going down the hall to Hailey's room.

Hailey was sitting at her bed, writing in her diary. The door creaked and she suddenly looked in Zander's direction.

"Oh hey! What's gotten you out of your room this late?"

She asked while keeping an eyebrow up.

Zander's heart was racing, and he took a deep breath before speaking.

"I felt like I um...needed to talk about something."

He said, walking to her bedside and sitting down next to her. He looked quite bothered about something.

Hailey noticed how Zander was acting. He was bothered and his heart was beating really fast. This felt urgent and she could not wait to know what was going on. She put her diary on the bed and then said,

"Do you mean to tell me what's happening? What's bothering you?" her voice was full of eagerness to know what is going on.

"So, remember Drew? Our bully, right?"

Zander asks.

She nodded her head.

"Yeah I remember him, Why? What did he do this time?"

She asked in an annoyed tone.

Zander swallowed hard, his breathing quickening.

"I accidentally kissed him at school today.."

He said quietly, turning his head away, hoping Hailey wouldn't notice his blushing face.

"You... you WHAT!?"

Hailey was shocked. She could see the slight blush in his face. She was surprised when she heard this

"You and him?! That's the last thing I expected-"

she cut her sentence off as she suddenly realized something.

"Wait..is there something going on? Do you like him?"

Zander turned a bit pale once she said that.

"I-I I don't know... I have a boyfriend but...I-"

He cut off, his lip quivering at the thought he might have fallen in love with his bully.

Hailey notices his lip quivering a bit and notices in his eyes that he was conflicted and scared at the same time. This really was something huge. She never expected that Zander, was attracted to Drew, of all people, and his feelings were real, but he also has feelings about Luke. This was very confusing.