A hidden catus's feelings. (Chapter 4)

"... And that's why you should watch me play basketball!" Kel exclaimed.
It was a week after the deaths of Sunny and Basil. Kel walked with a group of friends before he reached the bus stop. He did his usual goofy smile and ran off into the bus. The second he entered the bus, looking away from his friends the goofy, warm smile was immediately wiped off his face. He sighed and walked to the last seat of the bus. He peered through the dirty bus windows. As his stop finally arrived, he got off and began walking home. As Kel passed the park, he saw Aubrey sitting alone. She swung on the swing, texting Kim. Her face was blank and sullen. Aubrey's eyes were red and puffy, like she was crying, and she looked rather tired.

Kel didn't feel like faking a smile to a close friend of his, so he went up to her, no fake smile, no cheeky grin, nothing. Just pure truth.

Aubrey looked up from her phone to see a tan boy with shaggy semi long hair.

"What do you want?"

Aubrey snarled at him. Kel jolted back, but slowly sat down on the swing beside her.

"I just wanted to talk. It been a while since we talked. Are you.. okay?"

Kel looked over at Aubrey. She was.. fuming?

"Okay? Am I okay? No! No, I'm not 'okay'! Of course I don't want to feel better— COULD YOU FUCKING IMAGINE!"

(Penelope Scott reference)

Aubrey yelled at Kel, standing up and picking up her bat. She pointed it at Kel.

"But you.. You already forgot about it all! You're acting like OUR friends didn't just fucking kill themselves! Bullshit, Kel! Fucking bullshit.. How can you just go on with your life so easily! You did the same exact thing with Mari! I can't..."

Aubrey put down her bat. Black streaks of mascara ran down her face.

"I can't fucking believe you.. I don't know who to trust anymore.. we were just getting along, Kel.."

Kel stared at Aubrey in shock at what just happened. He slowly got off the swing and walked towards Aubrey, but she pointed her bat at him. A signal to back off. So, he did just that.

"I don't want to talk to you. Not now, Kel.. I'm tired. I don't have time to hang out and waste my breath on an idiot like you. Go."

She pointed her bat to the entrance of the park. Kel backed away and looked at her with a sorrow face. For a second, in her eyes, she looked a bit guilty. But her face quickly changed back to anger.

"Okay.. okay, I'm sorry, Aubrey. I just wanted to check up on you."

Kel slowly exited the park. He looked behind him one last time to see Aubrey once again swinging on the swings, texting Kim.

He walked home thinking about what happened at the park. Kel had finally reached his house. He opened the door and entered.

"I'm home!"

No response. He ran up to his room and opened his door. In Hero's side of the room, boxes filled with trophies and other miscellaneous items that Hero had were packed neatly. Hero was.. moving out soon. Kel plopped on his bed and began to quietly sob. He buried his face in his pillow and just sobbed. He began talking to himself.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you guys.. I'm sorry I'm so dense..."

Instead of Hero walking in, it was Kel's mom. Kel turned around and his mouth dropped in shocked.

"I did knock."

Kel's mom said with a tint of sadness.

"What's going on, Kelsey?"

Kel wiped his tears away and looked at his mother.

".. Is it about Sunny and Basil?"

She looked at her son, who stared at his mother in disbelief. Kel slowly nodded and began tearing up once again. Kel's mother came up to her son and hugged him. Kel sobbed in her arms as the two sat on his bed.

"Kelsey, my boy. Just know, I love you."

————————-
OKAY THATS THE END OF THIS CHAPTER YAYAYA IM SORRY I HAVENT WRITTEN IN A LONG WHILE I JUST HAVENT BEEN FEELING IT AND IVE BEEN CONSUMED IN WRITERS BLOCK!! BUT I DO POST ON MY OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA; FOLLOW ME ON TIKTOK AND INSTAGRAM X3

TikTok: sammy_sp4mmy
Insta: sammy_sp4mmy