Chapter 1 - What we used to be

"Borders were drawn, Kumandra divided."

A giant ball of some creature is rolling across the terrain.

"I know what you're thinking."

Two figures is riding the creature. A man steering it, while a woman sitting behind him. They ride through the land, passing many stone people standing like statues around the terrain.

"Lone riders. A dystopian world. A land that's gone to waste. How did this world get so broken? Well, that all began 500 years ago."

A view of the land shows, a land with multiple rivers. The rivers connect together in way so it looks like the shape of a dragon.

"Kumandra. This is what we used to be."

A mandala drawing covers the land and shows drawings of the way the land used to prosper.

"When our land was whole, and we lived harmoniously alongside.. dragons."

Dragons rise from the water in the drawings.

"Magical creatures who brought us water and rain and peace. It was paradise. But then, the Druun came."

Then a large purple cloud shaped like creature appears.

"A mindless plague that spread like wildfire, multiplying as they consumed life and turned everyone they touched into stone."

The Druun started multiplying. People turning into stone.

"The dragons fought for us the best they could, but it wasn't enough."

The Druun consumed them and the dragon turned to stone.

"That's when the Mighty Sisudatu, the last dragon, concentrated all her magic into a gem and blasted the Druun away."

A blue dragon rose to the air, creating a glowing blue gem. It blasted and erased all the Druun.

"Everyone that was turned to stone came back. Except for the dragons."

Rain fell down on the statues, turning them back. But not the dragons.

"All that was left of Sisu was her gem. It should have been this big inspirational moment, where humanity united over her sacrifice."

The people came together and made a circle symbol with their hands.

"But instead, people being people, they all fought to possess the last remnant of the dragon magic. Borders were drawn, Kumandra divided."

People turned angry and drew spears at each other. The map of Kumandra showed it divided into five territories.

"We all became enemies, and the gem had to be hidden. But that's not how the world broke. That didn't happen until 500 years later, when my sister and I came into the story."