Ch.1 The call

Jose's POV

I'm working when my assistant comes into my office.

" Jose you have a call"

I just look at her I don't have time for a call I have so much work today. Probably wasn't the nicest to ignore her but I'm just too busy.

"it's your brother he says it's important"

Fuck I don't have time for this. I'm so busy today it's unreal. But I take the call anyways.

" this better be important I got shit to do" I say when I pick up the phone

What Miguel said on the other end make my heart sink

There was a terrible accident

Head on collision

Mom and dad... Were both dead

the word spiral in my head.

How are the kids going to handle the news?

Did they already know?

Were they in the car with them?

I have so many questions but I feel like I can't get any of them out

" where are the kids?" I ask finally able to get words out. I can't stop thinking about if they were in the car with mom and dad.

" School they're all safe" he says.

Thank God.

" i'm on my way now" i'm only about 30 minutes away. So I grab my things and head straight to the car.

I don't know how I'm gonna be able to take care of my five youngest siblings.

I immediately call everyone I could so I can gain guardianship of my siblings.

I will do anything and everything to make sure my siblings stay together with me.

I don't know how I'm going to tell my younger siblings what happened

Our entire world is crashing down on us.

I'm not sure if I was just in shock or just numb because I thought I would have more of a reaction. I know I didn't have the greatest relationship with my parents but they're still my parents and I know that I should be feeling more than I am feeling right now.

* sorry for the really short chapter they will progressively get longer after the first like two or three chapters.*