Ch.2 It's Diffrent

Miguel's POV

I was terrified to tell Jose about our parents passing. I was hoping when we told our younger siblings would go just how it went with jose, Calm and no total freak out. But little did I know how bad it would actually go.

It was only me and Rodrigo here when the police showed up with the news. We immediately knew someone passed away with how the cops had sympathy and sadness in there eyes. When the police told us what had happened it was the worst feeling I have ever had, my heart stoped and my knees collapsed. we both broke down in tears. This was the worst pain a have ever felt.

Jose made it home in record time. It took him 10 minutes to get home. I wonder how many laws he broke to get here. Went Jose got here all three of us went to identify our parents. Then we continue to get in contact with social workers and the court so Jose can have full guardianship of the kids.

The worst part of this whole situation was having to tell my little siblings that our mom and dad had past away. Seeing all my siblings in distraught and crying was a terrible feeling.

Lili bald her eyes out kicking, screaming, crying, and punching.

Val broke down crying she said nothing but she was so so upset.

Jay sat there in tears and said nothing he looks so numb.

Gabe broke down in tears and was asking so many fucking questions that I didn't have answers to and it sucked.

Alex sat there in disbelief he said nothing he just sat there, his face was white as a ghost he was so numb.

Everything was a blur for the next week or so. I don't remember much but the funeral had happened and Jose gained guardianship of the five youngest kids. When the kids walked around the house they were all so sad and numb I hated seeing them like this. Extended family, neighbors, friends piled us with the loads of food and random shit.

Jose broke the lease on his apartment and we moved all his stuff in and so did I. This was going to be hard to adjust to but we'll manage.

The kids haven't been back to school and I don't think they will be back for at least another week or half a week but I think it's good that they have time before they have to go back.

It's gonna be a rough next few weeks but I know Jose and with the help of me and Rodrigo we will be able to handle it.