03 || Pendejo

Valeria Navarro

The alarm goes of with an annoying beep and I slap my hand on the clock to turn it off. 
Groaning, I step out of bed and walk into my closet. 
As soon as i picked out an outfit which is just a simple gray top with some baggy jeans, I walk into the bathroom and get dressed.

Once i'm fully dressed, I put on some make up and curl my hair.
I decide that letting it loose today is a great option, and once I put on some jewelry I walk out of the bathroom and then I go downstairs. 

Of course my dad is already gone, and it's just my mom sitting at the kitchen table, reading this mornings paper. "Good morning Mamá" I say, before grabbing some cereal out of the cabinet.

"Good morning, Mariposa, did you sleep well tonight?" She says, looking up at me with a comforting smile as she puts down the paper in front of her. 

I nod and sit down across from her. "I kind of did, I was exhausted after last night so I fell asleep very quickly" I glance at the time and quickly finish my bowl of cereal. "Let's go get coffee or i'll be late for my first lesson" I say, standing up and putting my bowl and spoon in the dishwasher. 
I grab my backpack and put on my sneakers and coat, before stepping outside. 

"The weather is perfecta" My mom says, looking up at the beautiful blue sky. 
A few birds cross over our head and land in an nearby tree. 
The grass is softly dancing in the wind and the leaves on the trees are softly moving, giving our big neighborhood a peaceful vibe. 

"Indeed"I say, walking across the sidewalk and towards the city. "It's peaceful out here" Walking next to my mom, I look up at her face and she smiles. 

"Being outside is always peaceful, doesn't matter what kind of weather it is, it's just so different from the actual world our family lives in, and it also reminds me of Nevaria" She says, pulling a painful face at the mention of my sister. 

"I know she's watching over us mamá, I promise" I grab her hand and together we walk towards our favorite coffee shop just inside the city. 
In the mornings it isn't too busy, so this has become our usual routine to do in the morning before my school starts. 

--

"I already hate this fucking day" I complain as me and Thalia walk trough the hallways of our school, and she nods. 

"It's so warm and i'm sweating my tits of actually" She laughs. "Lets just hope this day goes by as fast as possible so we can train and then go to the beach after" 

This time I nod, before stopping at my locker to drop off some of my, may I mention, unnecessary heavy fucking books. 
I slam my locker closed and together we walk towards our classroom for the Spanish period, which is gonna be boring too. 

We sit down at 2 tables in the back and grab out laptops and books, before I look out of the window, distracted by the clouds in the sky as I try to make up what sorts of shapes I see in them. 
It's kind of childish, but I love doing it, cause it reminds me of my sister. 

"Valeria, ¿Estas prestando atención?" The teacher calls out my name, asking me if i'm paying attention in Spanish, since this is Spanish class. 
As soon as I want to answer him, the door bursts open and no one other then Lorenzo walks inside of our classroom, a slight smirk on his face. 

"Sorry I'm late sir, I had things to take care of" He nods while our teacher grumbles something very inappropriate in Spanish, before walking towards the tables in front of us, sitting down in the free space. 
He looks over his shoulder and lazily smiles. "Encantada de verte, Valeria" He says, telling me it's nice to see me here. 

I roll my eyes and quickly focus back on my laptop, but I still see him shaking his head while laughing silently, before turning towards the teacher.